Monday, February 22, 2010

Michelle Perkett Challenge #17- Color Combo

Wow, I almost didn't make it in time for this challenge.  Somehow, I thought the last day for entering was March 2nd, maybe next time I should take my glasses off!  Any-who, we had to use this color combo
I used Michelle's Happy Easter Bunny digital image.  I colored her with my copics.
I don't  know if you can tell from the photo, but I hand embroidered the flowers, with 2 shades of pink, or orange to give some shading to the color, then I went over them with a glitter pen, to give them some shine.  I learned two things doing the embroidery, which is 1. I should of colored the flowers first so you wouldn't see any white underneath, and 2. Not to embroider at night when the light is awful.
Alright, now for the designer paper, I used the leftovers I had from Imaginisce Lucy Bird - Twinkle Twirl paper, the Martha Stewart punch on the pink, a Prima mini rose, and some button brads that were given to me.  The gems are from the Dollarstore, and the ribbon is from my stash.  The sentiment I "borrowed"  from an old card I had, and it was cut using spellbinder dies.  The card base is from Bazzill (I think that's how you spell it).
I decided to show you the inside of the card, as it finishes the sentiment from the front.
Not too much decorating, its just some ribbon, and pink card stock.  I forgot to mention, that the corners were cut and embossed with a Fiskars corner punch on both the front and inside of the card.
So there you have my card for the challenge, hope you like it!

4 comments:

  1. Oh My Gosh!!! This is so clever and cute... I love the way you embroidered the flowers and all the other embellishments. I just love it! Thanks for joining us again this week at Michelle Perkett's Challenge.

    hugs
    Pattie

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ohhh Marilyn!!! this is the cutest thing ever!!! I love this card! what a great job you did!!! it´s simply gorgeous, hugs my friend

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is sooo cute Marilyn...I love how you've used the challenge colours :) And embroidered flowers...wow! Well done.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Marilyn!! this is gorgeous!! I cant believe you embroidered those flowers!! Wow!! this is such a beautifully colored and designed card and the embellishments and the sentiments are perfect!! A fabulous job, Marilyn!! Thank you so much for a wonderful entry this week!!

    Hugs,

    Michelle:)

    ReplyDelete