Wednesday, February 24, 2010

Michelle Perkett Challenge #18 - Side Step Card


Another day, another challenge.  I have never made a side step card before, I enjoyed doing it, but struggled with decorating it.  The template was provided, but I decided to make it bigger.  I wanted room for the digital image, which I had already printed, and I didn't want to waste it.
So, the image is Michelle Perkett's Queen of Hearts.  I printed her on Neenah card stock, and colored her with my copics.  The designer paper is by Heather Bailey from the Autumn Leaves line, called Chrysanthemum.  For the flowers I used Prima Mini Roses, and Imaginisce Lucy Bird Flowers.  The happy birthday image is also from Michelle Perkett, and it was cut using Spellbinder dies.  The sentiment is layered on both the yellow card stock and the designer paper, and held there with yellow brads, a dollar store find.  The corner swirls were cut using Cuttlebug embossing dies.  The card base is AC white card stock.
Here is a side view.

Well, all said and done, this is my entry and I would definitely make another side step card.  Hope you like it!

10 comments:

  1. Oh MY!!!! WOOOWWW Marilyn!!!! this is amazing! I love it!!! what a beautiful card...
    You were so fast my friend! I was going to stop by to tell you about the award but you found it first :-) Enjoy, you deserve it!
    I love your card!

    ReplyDelete
  2. WOW Marilyn...LOVE it! Well done...it's beautiful. I love how you've put it all together :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh Marilyn...This is so lovely. Your embellishments are just perfect. Thanks for joining us again this week at Michelle Perkett Studio Challenge.

    hugs
    Pattie

    ReplyDelete
  4. Marilyn!! Wow!! This is gorgeous!!! OMG, what a beautiful birthday card!!! I just love everything about it! The colors, the sentiments and the embellishments are so beautifully done!! Thank you so much, Marilyn, for such a wonderful entry to our challenge this week! And way to go for trying something new!!:)

    Hugs,

    Michelle:)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Marilyn ...This is so beautiful ...you did a great job decorating and coloring. Thanks for joining us on this challenge.
    Hugs Jean

    ReplyDelete
  6. Marilyn, this turned out great! I love the way you ended up decorating it - very festive and lovely. thanks for joining us this week at Michelle Perkett Studio challenge. See ya next week!

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is absolutely gorgeous, Marilyn!! I love everything about this!! Thanks for playing along with us this week!!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Fun card! I love the embellishments on the front. Your fun summery colors do not allude to the snow falling in your neighborhood, that is for sure. We had a whiteout when we came out of a 50 minute church service tonight. The car had over an inch of snow on it. We are getting lake effect, we are 15 miles out of Chicago... UGGG! Let's dream of sunnier days, your card surely helps!

    ReplyDelete
  9. What a great card. I love your coloring and the sentiment. Thanks for playing along.

    ReplyDelete
  10. This card is stunning, Marilyn:O) Love the pretty colours and flowers. Beautiful colouring, and those swirls in the corners are awesome!
    Thank you for joining us at Michelle Perkett Studio, good luck!
    Hugs, Nancy;O)

    ReplyDelete