Saturday, February 6, 2010

Michelle Perkett Love Letter Blog-Hop

Hi everyone, and welcome to the Blog-Hop.  It's all about LOVE!  Michelle provided us with this lovely fairy image, which we were to use in this challenge, using plenty of red, pink, gold and bling. Sorry Michelle, I forgot about the gold.  I chose to make a recessed card.  I used DP from American Crafts, the hearts were punched using EK edge punch.  On the inside the hearts border is a EK border punch.  The silhouette was a die cut from Cricut.
 As part of the challenge we were required to write a love letter.  Since writing is not my strong side, this was quite a challenge for me.  After a lot of thinking and pondering I decided to write the love letter to my daughters Stacey and Jennifer.  For those of you who have children who live far away, or across the country as is my case, you will understand why I chose my girls to write to.  So here is my letter.
To My Beautiful Girls,
There is not a day goes by that I don't think of you, and wonder what you're doing, are you thinking of me?  Have I told you lately how much I miss you, and that I  love you so very much.  The phone rings and I hope so much it's you, and smile bigger than the world because it is.  How so happy I am to talk to you, and so sad when I have to say good-bye.  I love hearing about what you've been doing, and wish I could hug you when you are feeling blue.  There's nothing better than sharing a good laugh with you about something crazy we've done.
I cherish all our memories, and bring them to mind more often now.  Sometimes I see little girls playing, or just walking by, and something they do, ah, just reminds me so much of the two of you.  How I miss the days when  you were little, and holding my hand, because you were afraid, then you grew older and it wasn't "cool" to hold mommy's hand anymore.  All the trials and errors in learning to cook, does pasta or grilled cheese come to mind?  Do you remember all the sad shows we watched together, and pretended we weren't crying trying to show how tough we were.  These are but a few of the wonderful memories I have and I wonder do you remember them too?
You are all grown up now, strong bright young women, and I cannot tell you how proud I am of both of you. My wish for you, is that you are happy, and that you get all your heart desires, that only good things happen to you, and that each day is a new discovery.  Live, love and laugh, is the best piece of advise I can give you. I have loved you yesterday, I love you today, and I will love you tomorrow.
My heart is yours, forever.
Love Mommy

I hoped you have enjoyed your blog hop so far, you should have arrived here from Lynne's  blog http://www.doodlebuglynne.blogspot.com and your next stop on the hop is Seongsook's blog http://www.seongsookduncan.blogspot.com   If you get lost along the way you can always go back to Michelle's blog  http://michelleperkettstudio.blogspot.com  for a complete list.  Have a great hop, and I am so glad you took the time to stop and see my card and read my letter.  

28 comments:

  1. Wow Marilyn, I haven't seen one of these cards before...it's fantastic! And your letter is just beautiful...brought a tear to my eye lol! I could relate to it so well :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Stunning card!!! Absolutely beautiful, love the technique.
    Very pretty letter to your girls. Like Lynne, I had a tear come to my eye. My boys are almost grown and ready to go off into the world on their own and I so dread that day but I know they must.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Marilyn you have done a great job with your card i love it. I loved what i read of your letter but i couldn't finish it for crying.I think i am gonna pass on the letters. Poor Brett (4)came over and asked me to put his Ben 10 watch on and gave me a hug bless him. Kids eh!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Marilyn... what a stunning card! It is just gorgeous! My mum sent me a letter like yours when I moved to Canada (BC) 16 years ago ... I was choked for weeks! I came home to Australia, but Canada still has a huge piece of my heart. I just adored Montreal!
    Hugs from Down Under!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Gorgeous frame card and sweet letter to your daughter. Thanks for sharing :o)
    Hugs,
    Cabio

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Marilyn! what a fantastic card you did!! is gorgeous! outside and inside... woow... you did an excellent job! And what a sweet letter to your daughters, thaks for sharing them with us. Hugs!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Marilyn, I love the style of your card. It's just gorgeous! And the letter to your girls is so thoughtful. It made cry (just a little)!

    ReplyDelete
  8. oh Marilyn, what a beautifully designed card, WOW...inside & out! Your punched borders are brilliant!!
    Wonderful letter too! :)
    Blessings, Maria

    ReplyDelete
  9. Marilyn - Lovely card! And the inside is just as lovely as the front. Your love letter is wonderful. Hugs!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Beautiful card inside and out. Great job.

    ReplyDelete
  11. This is so beautiful, Marilyn:O) Love the fabulous design and lovely papers. Love the inside of your card. Thank you for sharing your letter to your girls:O)
    Hugs, Nancy;O)

    ReplyDelete
  12. She is a beauty. I love how you made a frame for her. She pops out so beautifully.

    xoxo hugz
    sheng

    ReplyDelete
  13. WOW....what a stunning card!! I love how it's recessed. It just looks awesome! The letter to your girls is so beautifully written!!!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Marilyn, what a beautiful letter to your girls and the card is just lovely!

    hugs
    Pattie

    ReplyDelete
  15. Oh, that letter is absolutely wonderful..... I wish I could express myself like that. And your card is beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Your card is absolutely gorgeous. I just love the details. Your letter to your girls is so sweet. TFS.

    ReplyDelete
  17. Oh, Marilyn what a beautiful card and letter!! I love that you designed inside and out!! I just love how you colored my little fairy and love the rhinestone hearts!! Your letter to your girls is lovely, I was apart from my Mom for 10 years so I know how hard it is. Thank you so much Marilyn for a wonderful entry!!:)

    ReplyDelete
  18. I like your design a lot. The frame around her very nice and I like the paper you picked too. Thanks for sharing your letter and card.

    ReplyDelete
  19. Marilyn what a beautiful letter to your girls, I have a tear in my eye, cos I can relate to this so much, 4 off my children and 2 grandchildren live 75 miles away and I miss them every day, great card too. Hugs Avril xxxx

    ReplyDelete
  20. Love your window card and the inside is wonderful. your letter is wonderful.

    ReplyDelete
  21. Hi Marilyn, what a beautiful card that you created. Your letter is so touching. I have my daughters far away for a long time. Although I can talk with them on the phone, I miss them so much in person. Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  22. Marilyn, this is just beautiful. Such a sweet letter to your daughters.
    hugs,
    Gini

    ReplyDelete
  23. I love your letter to your daughters! Your card is gorgeous, I love the layout and the framing around your image. The ribbon and flowers are pretty.

    ReplyDelete
  24. Such a beautiful card and touching letter to your daughters!

    Blessings,
    Christine

    ReplyDelete
  25. Awesome card.

    Great letter to your girls.

    {{hugs}}
    Mary

    ReplyDelete
  26. what a totally unique dimensional card!

    ReplyDelete
  27. stunning card!! LOVE it ..and gorgeous letter to your daughters!
    xxx

    ReplyDelete
  28. Hi Marilyn! I left something for you on my blog, I hope you like it, lots of hugs!

    ReplyDelete