Friday, February 19, 2010

Soft Pencil Challenge 19 - Spring Card


Decided to enter this challenge at the last minute, I mean really the last minute, last posting is midnight tonight.  I made this card this afternoon.  We had to make a "Spring Card", which means it stands up, it will fold down and fit into an envelope, but when it"s taken out of the envelope it "springs up".  The tutorial for this card came from Split-Coast Stampers.  It was fairly easy, and nice to make something out of my comfort zone.
So, this image is from Soft Pencil, it was one of five that I won for a challenge ages ago, and I am finally using them.  I colored the image with copics, the sentiment is from Kraftin Kimmie, the designer paper is from Imaginisce Lucy Bird line, this sheet was called Twinkle Twirls.  The corners were cut with the Cuttlebug embossing dies.  The beautiful flowers are Prima Mini Roses.  The little butterfly and the yellow brads are from my favorite store, Dollarama!  The ribbon is from my stash.
So there you have it, my last minute entry, which I think came out quite cute.

3 comments:

  1. Good luck in this latest challenge.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a great card!! The image is so, so cute and you have coloured it beautifully! Love the papers you used too!
    :) Sarah

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Marilyn! so glad you are back and well, and so glad you did make this card! it so pretty!! I love the papers you used with so many flowers. You did a great coloring on the image too! It´s a beautifully blooming sping card :-) Hugs!

    ReplyDelete