Thursday, February 25, 2010

Soft Pencil Challenge #20 - Anything But A Card!

Today's challenge was to use a Soft Pencil Digital Image, on anything but a card.  I decided to make a gift bag.  I got the template for the gift bag from Cardmaking and Papercraft magazine issue 70.  The magazine is from the U.K.
Here is a picture of the gift bag.

The image is called "Taking Care of Flowers", I colored her with my copics, but I also used purple flock for the flower petals, and green flock for the center of the flower.  I layered the image on dark purple card stock and then using the sewing machine I attached it to the pocket.  The thread is a dark purple.  The pocket was also attached using the sewing machine.  The designer paper used on the top of the bag is from Imaginisce Perfectly Posh - I Enjoy Being a Girl  line.  The back of the gift bag is purple card stock and the sides are dark purple.   I used Prima flowers on the pocket and the closure.  I used spellbinders fancy tags to make a tag to stick in the pocket.

I added pink ribbon to give it just a bit more of a "girly" look.  The beads took the longest to do, I made them with card stock and then podged them to give them a shine, and that makes them hard like real beads.

I love making beads out of paper, I can use up a lot of leftovers.  The hardest thing about making this bag, was gluing the sides on, but once you do it, you will know what to do for the next time.  This is a very large gift bag, it measures 11 1/2 inches high,  by 11 inches across, and 4 inches wide on the sides.
Well, that's my finished project, it took  me all evening, and this morning to do, but I am very pleased with it, hope you are too!

4 comments:

  1. Hi Marilyn, woooowwww I´m completely speechless!! this is amazing work! so many details you put in it... love the soft look on the petals and the glitter you added here and there, and the beads... wow... you did an excellent job, is´t so very cute!! I really like it! Lot of hugs

    ReplyDelete
  2. Soooo lovely Marilyn!!! I agree with Ileana, you put so many details in this gift bag! you did and excellent work! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Marilyn, thanks for stopping by my blog to look at my Card Purse and leaving a sweet comment. I went back and posted the link to the tutorial. But I thought I'd come by and drop it off for you.
    http://www.splitcoaststampers.com/resources/tutorials/cardpurse/

    I love your gift bag too!

    ReplyDelete
  4. WOW Marilyn...this is amazing!! What a wonderful gift bag. You are sooo patient, making all those beads!!! They finish the project off perfectly
    hugs
    Lynne

    ReplyDelete