Thursday, March 4, 2010

Birthday Card


Just thought I'd post the card I made for my grand-daughter Keiran.  She just turned ten.  I used a Mo's Digital image, which relates completely to Keiran, as she loves to play with her DS.  I colored her with copics, and cut her out.  I made a recessed card, so that it would look like she is sitting on the window sill.  I added brown ribbon, to make it look like curtains.  There is designer paper behind the window frame that has flowers on it, to give the illusion of the outside.  I added some ribbon and brads, and a tiny white flower.  The sentiment was cut using spellbinders dies.  I decided on the green brads and brown for the curtains to get away from having so much pink.  It gives a splash of color.  I also added some glitter to her hair, and other areas on the card.   This is what the inside looks like.


I used a Martha Stewart Punch for the lace trimming on the sentiment.  I also used a Fiskars embossing corner punch on the designer paper which covers the recessed window.  So there you have it, I sure hope she likes it!

No comments:

Post a Comment