Friday, March 19, 2010

Kraftin' Kimmie Challenge #21 - Just Bead It


I just love my stamps from Kraftin' Kimmie, and decided to use my new one.  This image is from the "Spring Tea Party Kit", she is so adorable.  For the challenge we had to use "beads" some where on the card.
I stamped her with Tuxedo Blank ink on Neenah card stock, and she was colored with copics.  I cut her out with the round nesties from Spellbinders, then layered her on black card stock also cut out with the scalloped  nesties.  I then punched holes in the scallops and sewed on the white beads.
The card base was partly embossed using a cuttlebug folder.  Then I embossed two lines down on each side.  The designer paper is from Bo Bunny.  The ribbon is double layered, bottom layer black then black with white polka dots on top, and then a black bow to finish it off.  I added a mini Prima rose.  The sentiment is one of the many that come with the kit.  I layered the sentiment on a spellbinders fancy tag, and then glued a bead on each end.  The final touch was to add 3 brads in the corner, and a little glitter on the dress.
This was a lot of fun to do, and it is always a pleasure to work with stamps that you love!

4 comments:

  1. Beautiful card Marilyn!! It is so elegant!! I love how you embossed the sides, it really finishes it off. You do a beautiful job with the copics. I'm still trying to learn all the little touches.

    Jenn (:

    ReplyDelete
  2. OH Marilyn! What you did with the beads is incredible!! What a beautiful design and Gabrielle looks GORGEOUS!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. WOOOWWWW.... it is simple and sofisticated at the same time! I love this one sooo much... the contrast between the black and white layout with the colored image is stunning. Gorgeous, really... Hugs!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love the black and white theme with the small injection of color. Very nice work!

    ReplyDelete