Wednesday, March 17, 2010

Michelle Perkett Challenge #21 - Flowers and Stitching

I'm finally early with my entry for a change!  This week we had to make our own flowers and add stitching to the them.  If we couldn't stitch on the flowers, then it had to be somewhere else on the card, and of course, we had to use a beautiful image from Michelle Perkett.  I chose to use "Rosie".


Sorry the picture turned out a little dark, I should of used my flash.  Alright, I used Neenah card stock when I printed the image, then colored her with copics.  The designer paper is from Basic Grey - Origins Aroma Therapy.  I matted the image on green and then yellow card stock from Bazzill.  I used a glitter pen on her wings and the leaves.  The cute tulip border punch is from Martha Stewart.  I layered some green ribbon on top which I got at the dollar store.  Then I added a few yellow gems.  So now you are asking "where's the hand made flowers with the stitching?  Well........


Tah-Dah!  I made a pop-up flower bouquet.  I cut the flowers with my cricut, it was the Accent Essentials cartridge.  I stitched around the inside layer of each flower with matching colors.  I also used the same border punch for the inside.  The sentiment I have had for "donkey years" so I don't remember who it is by.  Here is a close up of the flowers, where you can actually see the stitching.


I put brown gems for the centers.  I think it's kind of cute.  I haven't decided what occasion it will be used for, so I left that part blank, but I think I will stamp it right below the tulips on the yellow.  So there you have, thanks for stopping by.

7 comments:

  1. Marilyn!! Wow!! As if the front of your card wasnt beautiful enought, look at the inside!! OMG, I love it!! Such beautiful happy colors and such detail on the flowers! Isnt that a quote from Helen Keller? Another amazing entry, thank you SO much, Marilyn!!

    Hugs,

    Michelle:)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow!! This is so creative and just beautiful... I love all the vibrant colors. Thanks for playing with us.
    Hugs Jean

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is a fabulous card Marilyn! LOVE the pop-out inside...very clever...and something a little different :)
    hugs
    Lynne

    ReplyDelete
  4. Marilyn, this is amazing! I love everything about this card and those pop-up flowers along with the tulip border are just perfect for this challenge. Thanks for joining us again at Michelle Perkett Studio Challenge.
    hugs
    Pattie

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a stunning card, Marilyn:O) Love the flowers and fab fold, brilliant!!! Lovely stitching! I love all about this card!
    Thank you for joining Michelle Perkett Studio, good luck!
    Hugs, Nancy;O)

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is absolutely FABULOUS, Marilyn!!!! WOW WOW WOW....talk about awesome. I LOVE LOVE LOVE everything about this card!!! You colored your image to perfection and OMG...those flowers seriously ROCK! Thank you so much for playing along with us girl!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi Marilyn! what a GORGEOUS card!!! I just love every detail of it! you did an awesome job here! big hugs to you!

    ReplyDelete