Tuesday, March 9, 2010

Plastic Bag Double Slider Card

I was checking out Dawn's Stamping Studio blog, and found a tutorial for a double slider card using a plastic bag.  It looked interesting, so I thought I'd try it.  It was very easy, and a lot of fun to do, and could be used for so many types of cards.  I used mine for a birthday card.  A "slider" card has a part of the card that "pulls out", only this one has two.  The slider mechanism is made with a plastic bag, that is 1 1/2 inches wide by 12 1/2 inches long.  A good way to recycle...


With this slider card, when you pull on the ribbon at the top of the card, it slides out from the top and bottom, each with a sentiment on it, like this:


A little info, this is Tilda from Magnolia Stamps.  I stamped her as usual on Neenah card stock, and used Mementos Tuxedo Black ink.  The sentiments were stamped the same way.  I used copics to color her.  The blue, green and pink card stock is from AC (American Crafts).  I added a cute little mini rose from Prima.  The ribbon and pom pom is from my growing stash!  I used a glitter pen to highlight the butterfly wings.  I gave her pink gems for buckles on her shoes.  The corners of the image were cut and embossed using a Fiskars corner punch.
If you get a chance check out the tutorial and have a go at making this card, it was fun, and it's always good to have different types of cards in your repertoire.
Here is the link for the tutorial:
http://dawnsstampingthoughts.typepad.com/dawns_stampin_studio/2008/03/plastic-bag-dou.html

No comments:

Post a Comment