Monday, April 26, 2010

Door Hanger Challenge

Thanks to Lynne's amazing talent she came up with a door hanger challenge and tutorial to celebrate reaching 300 members with Michelle Perkett on Paper Craft Planet.  She generously offered a chance to shop at Michelle's store, a super huge bonus, for one lucky lady!


I used the image Enchanted Slumber.  She is printed on Neenah card stock, and colored with copics.  I layered her on orange card stock.  The designer paper is from the dollarstore. I added ribbon around the hole for the door knob.  I used Stickles for their wings, and on their hair.  The flowers I am quite pleased with, they are from a tutorial in the Card Making and Papercraft magazine for April.  They were originally suppose to be cut with a flower punch, but I didn't have one, so I used my Cricut Accent Essentials cartridge, and improvised.  I like how they look, they are quite 3 dimensional, unfortunately it doesn't show the thickness in the picture.  I used green bling to go around the outside of the door hanger.  Here is a close up of the flowers.


There is 6 layers of the white, 2 layers of the yellow, and 1 layer of the green.  Very easy to do, takes no time at all.  Well, there you have it, my finished door hanger, thanks for popping by. 
Thanks Lynne, this was a lot of fun, looking forward to more of your projects!

3 comments:

  1. What a beautiful door hanger. I love those flower and the way you've colored Enchanted Slumber.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is beautiful Marilyn! Thank you so much for playing. I'm pleased you enjoyed making this...looks like you had a lot of fun :) Love the colours...and your flowers are gorgeous.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ohh... this is so beautiful! I love the combination of colors you used!

    ReplyDelete