Saturday, April 24, 2010

EARTH DAY BLOG HOP!

Happy Earth Day everyone!  This is an amazing blog hop.  Lots of creative ideas using recycled materials.  The guidelines were quite simple, use recycled materials only, exceptions are ink, markers and paint.  There must be something green on your entry, and you can use whatever image you would like.  I hope you have been enjoying the hop, you should of arrived here from Jean's blog.
I made two projects, couldn't decide which one to post, so added them both.  The first one is a "Caddy" made from a six-pack.  Here is the before....
and here is the after.....












I reinforced the bottom and the sides with some cardboard (from a shirt my husband bought) just to give it extra strength.  I painted the handles and inside of the six-pack.  I wrapped the handle with ribbon, added designer paper , and then used a border punch for the trim.  I layered the image on card stock, but also added acetate over the image to protect it.  All the other materials were things left over from other projects.  This looks real nice on my craft table, and I hope to use it for a long time.

The second project I did was Coasters from empty CD cases.


All the images for both projects are from Michelle Perkett.  Since recycling was the theme, I chose the images that I had already printed ages ago, and never got around to using.  I colored the imaged and layered them on card stock, and then on designer paper.  I placed them inside the case.  I used vinyl tape for the trim around the edges, and I also added white card stock to the back to give it a finished look.


I thought they would make a nice gift, so I added ribbon as their gift wrap.
To continue on your journey the next stop is Deanne  I am sure she will have another amazing project.
Thanks for dropping by.

22 comments:

  1. OMG, Marilyn! These are incredible! My jaw dropped at your caddy but when I saw your coasters it fell to the floor! These are beautiful!! Wow!! I bet that caddy looks great on your craft table and what lovely coasters for Spring! Thank you so much for doing your part and recycling for Earth Day, Marilyn!!:)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, these are both creative ideas. I especially like that caddy. Great job.

    ReplyDelete
  3. That's a great storage box Marilyn, we could all do with one of those and the coasters great use of the old cd boxes :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow Marilyn what amazing recyling - both projects are really stunning
    Claire xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. I agree with Claire...BOTH projects are stunning Marilyn!!! That craft caddy is brilliant...LOVE it! Might have to send hubby to the store to buy a 6 pack so I can have the box lol!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love your craft caddy Marilyn! I will have to convince husband to buy a few sixpacks in carriers - most of ours here come in shrink plastic!
    hugs,
    Pauline

    ReplyDelete
  7. Marilyn...WOW! What great inspiration. I love the coaster idea with the CD cases. Very clever!

    ReplyDelete
  8. both of your projects are wonderful! if your caddy needs another home, let me know and I will send you my addy! grins! :D great job on these!

    ReplyDelete
  9. WOW WOW WOW!!!! Both of these are AWESOME!! Dang...I really love the caddy!! So very creative and the coasters....what a perfect gift!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hi Marilyn
    Wow, you have created two very different & clever items. Love your caddy & the coasters are so cute.
    None of us will look at six packs in quite the same way ever again! :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Oh Marilyn! I simply LOVE both of your projects! the coasters are my favorites! they make such beautiful coasters, so lovely.... thank you for sharing the idea! and the caddy is so usseful, for so many things! I´m going to make one for my daughter´s room :-) Hugs my friend!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Marilyn those are both so great! Thanks for sharing both, my list of ideas is getting longer & longer! Think I need to go buy a 6 pack later to get started! lol Have a great day!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Oh My Gosh Marilyn, these are so wonderful. I really love the recycled beer container.

    Hugs
    Pattie

    ReplyDelete
  14. oh my, you are truly creative! that caddy is a work of art, and ditto on the coaster idea! how on earth did you think these up?
    great job!

    ReplyDelete
  15. These are beautiful Marilyn! Can't imagine the patience you must have had to work with that six-pack box! Both projects are gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  16. both your projects are so nice but I especially like your caddy. I may have to borrow that idea!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Wonderful projects! Really love what you did with the beer box! Stunning design & beautiful colors! The coasters are great! Wonderful idea for those undone projects! TFS!

    ReplyDelete
  18. wonderful projects. I especially love how you repurposed the 6-pack container.

    {hugs}
    M.E.

    ReplyDelete
  19. wow so inventive!!! Love the 6 pack caddy!! and the coasters are amazing!!
    Great job!!
    Sammi
    xxx

    ReplyDelete
  20. Love both these projects- very creative indeed and your choice of papers go really well with michelles images.
    Hugs,
    Trish

    ReplyDelete
  21. Really wonderful creations!
    Hugs, Randi ;)

    ReplyDelete
  22. Wow I just love the 1st! And the 2nd is cool too!

    ReplyDelete