Friday, April 9, 2010

Kraftin' Kimmie Challenge #23 - A Little Punchy!


This is the handsome "New Henri" from the Spring Tea Party kit, what a bunch of great stamps.  Punches, or die cuts were what we had to use on this weeks challenge.  I used Spellbinders oval, and scalloped nesties die cuts for the stamped image, and a Martha Stewart border bunch for the lace.  I also used a Cuttlebug embossing die for the corners.
I almost had a heart attack, when I went to stamp this image and realized I had no more Neenah card stock, talk about heart palpitations.  I did have some 90 lb. water color paper, so I figured I would give it a try.  The one I have is kind of an off white, and not smooth.  It worked, but I wouldn't recommend it.  I colored the image with copics, but I found the paper sucked up the color, so it looks a little washed out.
I ended up cutting him out and using pop dots for a 3D effect.  The designer paper is from Upsy Daisy Designs and its called Man About Town.  The card stock is from Bazzill.  The ribbons and gems are from my stash.  I believe the buttons are made by Doodlebug.
Well, there you have it, I think he turned out quite good, despite the lack of Neenah card stock.  Guess what I am shopping for this week-end!

2 comments:

  1. You did a great card Marilyn! i love the colors, the papers, and how you colored the image too!
    it so nice when you have a real excuse to go shopping... have fun! hugs

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love your card, in fact I've just had a look around your blog and everything is just beautiful. Those crochet flowers are amazing, i've never been able to crochet but I'm going to have a try at those
    Claire xx

    ReplyDelete