Tuesday, April 6, 2010

Meljen's Designs Challenge #1 - Anything Goes!


Anything goes, applies to many things....especially when it comes to cards.  I used the digital image "Tom Cat Goes Fishing", I wanted to use this for a man's card, so I decided to go with mostly browns. This is a sweet little image, and a freebie for the PCP group, we are so lucky to get such beautiful images!  It was printed on Neenah card stock and colored with copics.
The card base is dark brown (looks like black in the picture), the designer paper, is gorgeous and a great find at the dollar store.  The buttons and brads are from Doodlebug designs.  I made the butterfly out of leftover card stock and wrapped ribbon around the body and fastened it with a button and some embroidery floss.  I distressed the edges with brown chalk ink.  The green lace was punched with a Martha Stewart border punch.  The brown pearls were also a dollar store find.
I purposely kept it simple, to keep with the "man" theme.  I might just use this as a father's day card, which is why there is no sentiment on the card yet.
I really liked doing this challenge, it is always great just putting things together as you go.  I hope you enjoy my card!

7 comments:

  1. ahhhhhhhhhhhh this is so beautiful.. love that butterfly :)) your work is art!! great job!

    Thank you for joining the first MELJEN'S DESIGN challenge. Good Luck!

    Hugs x

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is a darling fishing kitty. You created an adorable card. Thanks so much for playing in the meljen's designs challenge.

    ReplyDelete
  3. He is just to adorable. I love the colors and that butterfly is just the right touch. Great job!!Thank you for joining Meljen's first challenge. Good luck!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Cute! Love the colors and swirly pearls.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh la la! This is terrific! Fabulous colours. Thank you for joining us at Meljen's Designs Thursday Challenge - hope to see you again next week!

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is perfect! I love the pearls and the border and the ribbon - and, oh, do I even need to mention that butterfly?? :) Great job!
    Thanks so much for joining us at Meljen's Designs!!
    Dee (Spryte)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi Marilyn! I love the butterfly! what a great idea, thanks for sharing it :-)
    Hugs!!

    ReplyDelete