Friday, April 2, 2010

Michelle Perkett Challenge #23 - Anything But A Card!


Anything but a card, made me put my thinking cap on, as I don't usually do 3D.  A while ago I was given a site for a tutorial to make a Card Purse, which is what I finally ended up with.  This little purse holds 5 x 4.5 inch cards.  You could always make it bigger.  I think it would be good for invitations, note cards, the sky's the limit!
I used the Cutie Patootie Mermaid digital image by Michelle Perkett.  I printed her on Neenah card stock and colored with copics.  I used Martha Stewart glitter on her tail, and a glitter pen on the flowers and other areas.  She is cut with a circle spellbinders nesties, and then layered on a scalloped circle also cut with a nesties.  I used Bazzill card stock, and the designer paper is from the dollar store.  I glued white beads around the image.  The flowers are from Prima.  Here is a side view,


This purse takes no time to do, actually took me longer to color, than make the purse.
Thanks for stopping by, have a Happy Easter!

7 comments:

  1. Wow Marilyn, this is great. I love your coloring and the papers.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is sooo cute Marilyn. Another gorgeous project, beautifully coloured :)
    hugs
    Lynne

    ReplyDelete
  3. SWEET! I love the colors you chose Marilyn. Your coloring is awesome! She is a real "Cutie Patootie"!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Marilyn, this is so beautiful and what a great idea to give as a gift. I will have to try one. Thanks for joining us again at Michelle's Challenge.

    hugs
    Pattie

    ReplyDelete
  5. Marilyn!! This is adorable! What a cute project, I love your card purse!! OMG, its so beautifully created and I just love the ribbon handle and the cute embellishments! And of course I love how you colored my little Cutie Patootie mermaid!! Thank you for a such a creative entry Marilyn!!:)

    Hugs,

    Michelle:)

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a wonderful job coloring Cutie Patootie! This purse is such a sweet idea...I think I'll have to CASE it for my granddaughter. I leave the images uncolored for her to do herself though. Your colors & the embellishments are so perfect with the image & project. AWESOME!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Congratulations on your win at Michelle's Challenge Blog! This is such a beautiful creation & it has so many uses!

    ReplyDelete