Monday, April 12, 2010

Michelle Perkett Challenge #24 - Favorite Color Combo And


This is a Free Standing Pop-Up Card, and my entry for the challenge.  I used the most adorable Bunny Ballerina.  One of my favorite color combo's is red and pink.  We also had to add some lace and pearls.  This is how the card looks when it is folded down to put in an envelope.  I think my finger adds something to the card.

This is my little ballerina popping out of her box!  I printed her on Neenah card stock, and colored with copics.  I used crystal clear Stickles for her wings, and a glitter pen on the flowers and dress.  I added a Prima Caboodles flower, and ribbon.  The corners were cut and embossed with a Fiskars punch.
I used pink Bazzill card stock on the front with some lace and beads.  The sentiment is from CC designs also layered on pink and then red card stock.  The designer paper is from some of the scraps I had lying around, and I can't remember who makes it.  The butterfly and pearls are my dollar store treasures!
Just a quick note, thanks to Michelle and everyone on Michelle's group at PCP for your help and understanding with my email take over.  After a long and frustrating day, things went back to normal, or as close as it can get.  I was so happy I didn't have to start all over with a new blog.  You guys are the best, a big hugs comes to you from Montreal!

9 comments:

  1. Marilyn, this is a great card. I love to make these. You coloring is great, I love this color combo. TFS.

    I'm glad you were able to get things worked out.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm so glad you have your blog back!!! WooHoo! I love this card!!! Such beautiful colors and I really must try one of those cards!! Thanks for joining us this week hon!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh Marilyn, I love this card and the color combo is fabulous. Thanks for joining us at Michelle Perkett's Studio Challenge again this week.

    Hugs
    Pattie

    ReplyDelete
  4. Marilyn, this is such a gorgeous birthday pop-up card!! What sweet little embellishments! I love the colors and the cherries and butterfly!! Thank you so much for another beautiful challenge entry, Marilyn! And we are so happy that your beautiful blog is still intact!!

    Hugs,

    Michelle:)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love that Bunny Ballerina too:O) Your colouring is brilliant, Marilyn. Lovely design and pretty colours.
    Thank you for joinig us at Michelle Perkett Studio, good luck!
    Hugs, Nancy;O)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Marilyn, that is a great card! I love the pop up card, it looks great with the bunny!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wow Marilyn, this card is gorgeous! I've never liked pop-up cards much but this one has me changing my mind lol! I'll have to try one now :)The red and pink look fantastic together!
    hugs
    Lynne

    ReplyDelete
  8. Marilyn...This card is so sweet! It made me giggle with the sentiment. I've never tried a pop-up card before. Thanks for the inspiration! I love the detail you put into your design and the red and pink look awesome together! Ilove it!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love your color choice and this awesome card! I've made a few, but yours has so many wonderful extras to go with it! I love how you added the ribbon on the top so the image isn't disturbed by all of the pulling. The butterfly is adorable with too. I love your coloring and how you added dimension with your technique.

    ReplyDelete