Saturday, April 17, 2010

Michelle Perkett Challenge #25 - Movement Card and Spring Theme!


Another wonderful challenge for the Michelle Perkett group!  I used the Kissing Fish Digital stamp, which was originally for Valentines Day.  I cropped out the happy valentines day and added my own hidden message behind the fish.  I printed the stamp on Neenah card stock (it came in the mail yesterday yah!!), and colored them with copics, and then used Stickles on their bodies.  For the pink fish I used the color Cotton Candy, and for the other fish I used the color Mermaid.  I cut them out and pop dotted them onto the moving mechanism.  The card base is yellow Bazzill card stock, I then layered blue card stock, and designer card stock that I picked up at the dollar store.  I machine stitched them together with blue thread.  The sentiment is also layered on Bazzill card stock.  The butterfly, pearls, rhinestones and hearts are made by Crafts, which I also found at the dollar store.  The flower is a Prima Caboodles.  Here is the moving part of the card!


Once it pulls apart it reveals Happy Fathers Day!.  This is my own moving card creation.  The sentiment is also layered on card stock.  There are tabs attached to each fish to pull them apart.  When closed they are hidden between the card base and blue card stock.  Thought I would add a close up of the fish when opened.


So there you have it, my take on a moving card.  For the spring time theme part, I used pastel colors.  Hope you like, thanks for passing threw.


10 comments:

  1. Wow what a clever card, I love it. Great colour scheme and those fish are adorable
    Claire xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Marilyn!! This is the cutest card!! OMG! I love how the fish are kissing and then you can pull the tabs and see Happy Fathers Day!! so creative!! Love the colors and your little embellies!! Thank you for another gorgeous creation to our challenge this week Marilyn!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is very clever Marilyn! Love how you've made this card...actually, I love everything about it...cute fish, gorgeous colours, clever design...just brilliant :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your card is great Marilyn. The colors are great, I really like the image too!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Ohhh Marilyn!! this is so clever and beautiful!! I love your card so much! hugs

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh My Gosh Marilyn!!! This is amazing... I love it and you are so creative.

    hugs
    pattie

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a great card Marilyn! Beautifully done.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Marilyn, your card is totally awesome!!! Lovely the idea and the cute fishy :o)
    Hugs,
    Cabio

    ReplyDelete
  9. OMG...this is just the cutest thing ever!!!! I just love those little kissing fish and what an awesome sentiment!!! Thanks for joining us again this week, sweetie!!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Marilyn , This is so cute and clever,love your colors and all the spakels.
    Hugs Jean

    ReplyDelete