Friday, April 2, 2010

Mo's Digital Pencil Challenge #25 - Pastel Colors

I found a tutorial for a "Joy Fold Card" and thought I would give it a try for this week's challenge.  I used the freebie that Mo so generously gave us on PCP.


My picture is a little dark, I think my flash wasn't working, have to get the manual out and see what is going on!  The pastel colors I chose were greens and yellows, with some pinks thrown in.  Unfortunately, because it is so dark it is hard to really see the pastel colors.
The delightful digital image was printed on Neenah card stock, then I colored her with copics.  I used green and yellow card stock from Bazzill.  The designer papers I used were  Imaginisce Lucy Bird - Good Morning Sunshine and the plaid is from a Basic Grey paper pad.  This is how the card looks when it is opened.


The ribbons, bling and butterfly came from the dollar store.  I used some light green flock on the butterfly body (it's hard to see on the photo), and gems on the antenna.  The sentiment on the front is from Kraftin' Kimmie.  Here is a close up of the inside.


I used the cuttlebug corner embossing dies on the inside corners.  The cute tulip border is from Martha Stewart.  I really like this type of card, and plan on using it more often.
For anyone interested on trying the joy fold card, you can find the tutorial here at Shelley's Images http://www.shellysimages.com/make-a-joy-fold-card.html
Thanks for stopping by.

6 comments:

  1. Love this! The image always makes me smile. I'll have to give this awesome fold a try! Thanks for sharing it with us in Mo's Challenge this week.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Marilyn, your card is stunning, love the joy fold card & well the image is adorable.
    Thanks for joining us this week at Mo's.
    Hugs
    Sheila xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a happy image - it just makes me smile to see it!! love this fold - great job!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Marilyn, I love this card. Really like the fold too, thanks for the link.

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a great Joy fold card, you did a fabulous job. Good luck and thanks for joining in on the fun at Mo's challenge blog.

    ReplyDelete