Sunday, April 4, 2010

Sassy Cheryl's Challenge #5


For everyone who has daughters, doesn't this adorable image remind you of them.  I smile every time I see this cutie, it reminds me so much of my girls!  For this challenge we were required to either use distressing, rip, tear or antique some part of our card.  I distressed the image using chalk ink.  This was printed on Neenah card stock, and colored with copics.  The designer paper is from Imaginisce called Enjoy Being a Girl, which I think goes hand in hand with this digital image.  I used a Martha Stewart border punch, and  a Cuttlebug corner embossing die.  The sentiment is from Kraftin' Kimmie stamps.  I layered two buttons together with 1/8 inch pink ribbon and then attached it to the bow.  The card base is Bazzill card stock.  I used a Sakura glitter pen on her glasses and jewelry.   I mixed together some red flock and red glitter for the embellishment on the shoes.
I'm always excited to work with the images from Sassy Cheryl's, they always seem to spark some memory for me.
So, there you have it, another challenge card completed, thanks for passing through.

7 comments:

  1. Too Cute.. Love the wonderful photo corners.. Thanks for joining us this week. Good Luck!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is sooooo cute! I love how you put the card together, great job!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very beautiful card, Marilyn, I love your papers and the details! Thank you for joining us at Sassy Cheryl's!
    Hugs, Alina

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lovely card Marilyn! I like the detail of the corners with the rhinestones in them, so cute! Hugs

    ReplyDelete
  5. WAY TOOOOO CUTE!!!! She's such a sassy little thing! Great work.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Adorable card, Marilyn! The DP is perfect and the coloring, great! Thanks for playing with us at Sassy Cheryls!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Sassy card for sure!! Love the image you chose and the colors and layout are perfect!! Thanks for joining us at Sassy Cheryl's!
    Hugs
    Jodi =)

    ReplyDelete