Wednesday, April 7, 2010

Stamp Something - Pink Somethings Challenge


I guess the challenge is pretty self-explanatory, yep you guessed it, "Pink".  As you can see this card is all decked out in pink!  Many many shades of pink.  I used a Stamping Boutique digital image, called Audrey's New Dress.  It was printed on Neenah card stock, and then I colored her with copics.  I used the Spellbinders oval nesties to cut her out, and then the scalloped nesties to layer her.  I cut the pink one in half, so I could have pink on both sides, I like the look it creates.  The card base is pink Bazzill card stock, and then I layered on some green.  The designer paper is from Doodlebug, called Cherry Amore.  The ribbons and gems are from my stash.  The sentiment is from the Kraftin' Kimmie line.  Again it was cut using Spellbinders.
 I added some homemade touches to the card.  First off, is the butterfly.  I stamped a flower background on some acetate, then cut out a butterfly shape, then I cut a smaller butterfly in pink and layered on top.  I found you couldn't really see the acetate against the card, so I decided to add a pink trim to the butterfly.  I got the instructions for the butterfly in the magazine Card Making and Papercrafts,
if you haven't tried this magazine I urge you to pick it up. The pink trim is my idea.  Here is a close-up of the butterfly.


I have also been experimenting with crocheted flowers, but found they always turned out to big, no matter what size  needle you use.  I solved the problem and will explain at the end of this post.  Again here is a close up.

So that pretty much is my card, I love pink, so it was no chore creating a card with it.  Thanks for stopping by and taking a peek.

2 comments:

  1. this is so sweeet! you added handmade details to the card and those make it so unique... lovely
    hugs!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Really cute card Marilyn! You've done a wonderful job with our PINK challenge! So glad you could join us for the Stamp Something challenge.
    Hugs, Denimo

    ReplyDelete