Friday, May 7, 2010

Birthday Cards!

On the 15th of March my grandson Owen is going to be 2 years old.  My how the time has went by, they grow so fast.  Owen loves buses, so I decided to make  him a card in the shape of a bus.


I used the Cricut Doodlecharms cartridge to cut out the bus, and then traced the bus onto white cardstock, and cut it out, leaving it attached at the top.  I used yellow buttons for the hub-cabs, and red drop for the flashing red lights, and black pom-poms for the head lights.  The little animals were also cut out with the same Cricut cartridge and were attached in the window with dimensionals.  The number signifies Owen's age and the number of the bus.  Here is a look at the inside.


I made a little track for the buses to be pulled along.  There is black ribbon attached on both ends of the bus, so that you can pull it forward and then backwards. 
My daughter said he was so excited when he saw the card, and kept saying "bus, bus".

I was asked to make a card for the daughter of a friend, and she loves the color purple.  I made this card, and decided to make a box to put it in, instead of an envelope.  I used the Posy stamp from Kraftin' Kimmie, and made an easel card.


This is what the box looks like.


Well, there you have it, just a few extra cards I have made that were not part of a challenge.
Thanks for stopping by.

3 comments:

  1. How adorable! I love the cards you created! The bus is so cute!!
    Hugs
    Jodi =)

    ReplyDelete
  2. These are both gorgeous Marilyn. LOVE the bus...it's sooo cute...love how you can pull the little buses back and forth...very clever :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ohh Marilyn!! these two are so beautiful! what a lovely card you made for your grandson, the pull tiny buses are such a smart embelishment! he will love it for sure!
    And the girly card is gorgeous! you even made a box! wow... the colors are great! love that shade of purple. Hugs!!

    ReplyDelete