Monday, May 3, 2010

Meljen's Challenge #5 - Show Us Your Shape!


This is another delightful freebie from Meljen's on Paper Craft Planet.  This challenge was creating a card that is not a square or rectangle.  I used the Cricut Wildcard cartridge, to make the "doily" card.  The digital image was printed on Neenah card stock, and colored with copics.  I used spellbinders round and scalloped round dies to cut the image out with.  I also used the Cricut Doodlecharm cartridge to make the flowers, and the vines.  Once I cut the flowers out, I embossed them with the Cuttlebug Swiss Dots folder, and then used a glitter pen on the dots, and on the image flowers.  The buttons on the flowers are from the Doodlebug - Tropical Assortment package.  The butterfly is from my dollar store stash, and the ribbon is from Walmart.  To finish it off  I put blue gems around the scallops.
Thanks to Meljen's and the designer team for another great challenge!  Thanks for stopping by.

6 comments:

  1. How sweet! I love the shape, pretty flowers and colors you used on your card!
    Hugs
    Jodi =)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh I love this Marilyn! The shades of blue with the white is so beautiful! The way you did the flowers is awesome! I think I'm going to be needing a Cricut. Love the added bling along the scallops. Thanks for sharing your gorgeous creativity!
    By the way.....That pear tree on the top of the blog is way beautiful! Aahhhh....Spring!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What fabulous attention to details! I love the embossing on the flowers and the gems. Thank you for joining us at Meljen's Designs Challenge Blog - we hope to see you again next week!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Very cute! I love how you used this sweet little bear. Thank you for joining us for the Meljen’s Designs challenge. We hope you will join us again.

    ReplyDelete
  5. So adorable and sweet. This is my personal favorite Meljen's design and you did a superb job with it. Love your colors and detail. Thanks for joining us here at Meljen's Designs for this weeks challenge.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh, I just love this card! I love how hte flowers pop against the bear! So pretty!
    Thanks so much for joining us at Meljen's Designs!! Good Luck on the challenge!
    ♥Dee (Spryte)♥

    ReplyDelete