Friday, May 14, 2010

Michelle Perkett Challenge #29 - Lets Get Distressed!


I don't usually do distressed cards, because it breaks my heart to make them look, well, "old", but that was the challenge for this week, and the design team did an amazing job!
I used Goldilocks, a real cutie, and a generous freebie from Michelle - thank you!! 
I used soft purples for my colors.  For the distressing I used coredinations paper, that I embossed with Cuttlebug folders "D'Vine Swirls, and Stylized Flowers".  Then I sanded them to show the core color, and get the distressed look.  I also sanded the edges of the paper.  Once I cut out the image (spellbinders oval nestie), I used Tim Holtz distress ink - dusty concord around the edges.  Then I layered her on green Bazzill card stock cut with the spellbinders scalloped oval nestie.  The flowers are Prima mini roses.  The ribbon and button are from my stash.  The lace beneath the ribbon was cut with the Martha Stewart border punch.
For an added little touch, I gave Goldilocks a pearl necklace.. Hope you like my "distressing", and thanks for stopping by.

9 comments:

  1. What a beautiful card. I love how you've colored Goldilocks and your added pearl necklace. TFS.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Marilyn, I love the colors you chose for this card and the embossing along with the distressing. Thanks for joining us again this week at MPSC.

    Hugs
    Pattie

    ReplyDelete
  3. MARILYN! This is REALLY cute! I love the distressing you did on the embossed paper! Her little neclace is adorable!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Marilyn, your card is beautiful! I love it!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Marilyn!! this is beautiful!! I love reading about your distressing technique and jusy love the green and purple together with all your beautiful embellies and her little pearl necklace!! A lovely card and sentiment, Marilyn!! Thank you so much for another beautiful entry to our challenge this week!!:)

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is lovely Marilyn. That's about the only distressing I've ever done lol...love the effect of the Coredinations paper when it's sanded :) And I love the little pearl necklace you added to Goldilocks...so cute!

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is so beautiful, Marilyn:O) Love that colour combo, fab colouring of that cute image. Lovely design. Yummy ribbons:)
    Thank you for joining Michelle Perkett Studio, good luck!
    Hugs, Nancy;O)

    ReplyDelete
  8. This is just darling!! You did a fabulous job with all of your distressing and great coloring too!!! Thank you for playing with us this week!!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh Marilyn! this is so beautiful!! I love that combination of colors you chose and how you distressed the papers, I´ve neved sanded the papers but I´m going to try it for sure, it looks so good. Your coloring on Goldilocks is great too! beautiful creation! Hugs

    ReplyDelete