Friday, June 18, 2010

I'm In A Magazine!


Way back at the end of April, I sent a picture of this designer bag to Cardmaking and Papercrafts in England.  I used their template for the bag, and I used a tutorial from another issue to make paper beads, which I used for the handle.  I entered this bag in a challenge at Soft Pencil in February.  I hadn't heard anything back, so I forgot about it. I really was just writing to tell them how much I loved their magazine.  Well,  a couple of weeks ago I got a letter  and a gift from them, and low-and-behold I am featured in their "Dear Kirstie" section.  This is one of the most exciting things that has ever happened to me since I started card making.  So I figured I deserved a brag section on my blog!  It may not be much, but it has kept me smiling for a while....
Anyway, that's my bit of exciting news for this hot, humid friday in Montreal.  Hope it's nice wherever you are.
Hugs
Marilyn

8 comments:

  1. Congrats! Boy, you're full of all kinds of great news these days! Happy for you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. WTG - always nice to get Happy News!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow, that's a BIG deal! Congrats to you, the designer bag you made looks awesome.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Congratulations Marilyn!! whoo hoo!!! those are great news too!!! there you are, featured on a magazine!! :-) your bag is gorgeous... you are so talented my friend! Hugs!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow Marilyn! That's great news!! What a wonderful surprise for you! It's no wonder with all your talent! Congratulations! Today a magazine....Tomorrow the world!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Congratulations! I'm so happy for you!

    ReplyDelete
  7. WOW Marilyn...that's fantastic...and definitely worth a little brag segment on your blog :) Congratulations and hugs :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. I am so excited for you!!!
    That's super!!!
    Hugs
    Lori

    ReplyDelete