Monday, June 28, 2010

Michelle Perkett Challenge #35 - Cutting, Cutting, Cutting!

Happy Monday morning, it's warm and muggy in my neck of the wood, just finished raining, didn't help much with the heat.
The challenge this week was to use punches, or spellbinders, any thing that will cut, even to use fussy cutting.
I chose Harmony Mermaid for my card this week.  I used some Aleene's Paper Glaze on the water, to make it shiny and give it some depth.  I layered her on card stock then used the Fiskars corner punch for the final layering.  The designer paper is from Kate Knight paper pad, and I used the Martha Stewart dots border punch on the sides.  The flowers I cut out with my Cricut Accent Essentials cartridge, then added a purple gem.  So I think I pretty much fulfilled the challenge of using punches.  Of course, she was printed on neenah card stock, and colored with copics.  I added a bit of glitter to her body and hair.
Enjoy the rest of your Monday and have a great week!

7 comments:

  1. Oh, this is gorgeous. I love your coloring and the design of your card.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Marilyn!
    Sorry I´ve been so absent, but here you are showing another wonderful creation, displaying all your creativity!
    I love the colors you chose for this card. The papers are perfect, so pretty! You colored the mermaid to look so beautiful, with all those tiny details of glitter. Ohh... this is so lovely!!
    Thanks so much for joining us this week, I love to see your work. I know I´m repeating myself but you are such a creative person :-)
    Lots of hugs!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is really beautiful Marilyn. I love the colors!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh, Marilyn, this is gorgeous! I love the colors, especially the lilac in the border! What a lovely job you did coloring Harmony Mermaid! I love the dots border punch and the flowers that you cut with the gems inside!! Really stunning, Marilyn! Thank you so much for joining us this week at MPS!!:)

    Hugs,

    Michelle

    ReplyDelete
  5. Marilyn, this is totally gorgeous! I adore your color scheme and your design and layout is wonderful! Great work!

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is absolutely stunning, Marilyn!! WOW...your colors are fabulous as is your coloring. Such a great take on our challenge!!

    Thank you for joining us this week at Michelle Perkett Studio and look forward to seeing more!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wow, this is beautiful Marilyn. Love how you've coloured Harmony...and of course the purple is gorgeous :)
    Hugs :)

    ReplyDelete