Saturday, June 26, 2010

Tiddlyinks Challenge #10 - Embellishments

Happy Saturday everyone, hope you are having a good one.  Spent my morning watching the biggest wedding I've ever seen.  There were 4 stretch limos, and two vintage cars.  They had most of their guests over two hours before the wedding having a champagne breakfast, and they had a man singing and playing the accordion outside for those two  hours.  The bride and bridesmaids were gorgeous, but the cutest were the three flower girls, from ages 4-6.  The ring bearer couldn't of been more than 2 years of age, and in a tuxedo!!
Any way back to my posting.  I just discovered Tiddlyinks digital images (don't know how I missed them), but I immediately knew I had to have some, especially the goth ones. This weeks challenge is to use either buttons or lace, or both.  My image is called "bathing beauty".  I just love her swim suit, don't you!  So I printed her up on Neenah card stock, and colored her with my copics.  I layered her on two shades of turquoise Bazzill card stock.  The designer paper is from Bo-Bunny - Sun Kissed Skies, which goes perfect with the beach theme.  I used Doodlebug buttons, and a Prima mini rose.  I tried for the first time Aleene's Paper Glaze for the water, to give texture and a shine, I think I like it!
On the Tiddlyinks challenge blog Lysa gives a great tutorial on how to color black hair, and I gave it a try.  It's not perfect, but I am getting the hang of it, I just need to practice.
The sentiment is from Create with TLC blog which has become my favorite go to place for word art now, if you haven't tried it, you should check it out.
Thanks for stopping by and taking a peek.  Enjoy the rest of your week-end.

3 comments:

  1. Marilyn, you did SUPER with the hair and I love the card. The glaze gives the water a nice touch. The Word Art is perfect and she's my go to place too. Great card!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Super duper job on the hair! :) Love the colors.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love this (imagine that in a high voice lol!!)

    It is just sssoooo sunny here at the minute so this card is perfect (I am in uk!!)

    Thanks for joining us at Tiddly inks xx

    ReplyDelete