Saturday, July 31, 2010

THE ALOHA DT BLOG HOP!

Aloha, and welcome to Michelle Perkett's Aloha DT Blog Hop!

Don't you wish you lived in Hawaii, I know I do!  I have never been there, but it looks so beautiful.

This hop is to celebrate Michelle's first DT members and their wonderful 6 month term, that is finishing the end of July.  I can actually say by a fluke I discovered PCP, and then Michelle Perkett's group on PCP, and it is because of the amazing images by Michelle, and her incredibly talented ladies on the DT, that I started a blog and entered my first card challenge.  I knew nothing about blogging, or using copics, what was the best card stock to print and color on.  I learnt these things just by checking out their blogs, and by talking to them on PCP.  You are all very talented and I would like to thank you very much for all your inspirations, and your amazing work. 

So I did a bit of googling about Hawaii, and discovered each island has their own color.  My main color for my project is green, and I discovered that this represents the island of  MOLOKA'I.  My complete Hawaiian name is Melelina Elikapeka Wepi, which is Marilyn Elizabeth Webb.  I think it sounds prettier in Hawaiian, but I'll stick with English, it's easier to  pronounce.

Michelle provided us with a darling image called Leilani, she was a lot of fun to color and play with.  So here are a few pictures of my project.



This is my card and treat box, you can find the tutorial for this box Here.  I made a LEI to frame the image.  I used the Cricut Accent Essentials cartridge to make the flowers, and then added glitter to the tips of the flowers.


This is a close-up of just the card, as you can see some of the flowers have pearls for the centers. 


This is the inside of the card.  I used my Cricut to cut an oval out of the front of the card, so that you could see Leilani.  Here she is cut out with the oval and scalloped Spellbinder Dies, and layered on card stock.  The gorgeous DP is by Martha Stewart, and I also used her Optic Dot border punch for the lace, and for around the box lid.


This is the top of the box, where I used a dollarstore butterfly, and Crafts pearls, and a bow to finish it off.


Ta Da!  As you can see each side is big enough to hold a tea bag.  I didn't have any at the time, so I just decorated the sides.  The candy is from Laura Secord, they are tasty Fruit Wedges.  I thought they would go great with the Island theme.


This is just another view of the box and candy.  In this picture you can see the lacy effect with the Optic Dots border punch.  Then I finished it with some thin white ribbon.

I hope you have enjoyed your blog hop so far, and thanks for stopping here.  Your next stop along the way is SANDI'S blog, where you are sure to find another gorgeous creation.  You should of arrived here from HELEN'S blog.  The blog hop started at MICHELLE'S blog.

Card Recipe:
Neenah Card Stock
Copics
Martha Stewart Designer Paper
Martha Stewart Optic Dots Border Punch
Cricut Accent Essentials Cartridge
Cuttlebug Corner Dies
Sakura Glitter Pen
Crafts Pearls
Spellbinder Oval and Scalloped Dies
Offray Ribbon

Melelina

33 comments:

  1. OMG, Marilyn! This is amazing!! What a gorgeous card and matching treat box!!:) I love that you made a lei to frame Leilani who is beautifully colored!! The little green butterfly and pearls are such lovely accents on your box as well as the fruit wedges inside!! I love everything!! Thank you for such a beautiful blog hop entry, Marilyn!!:)

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is such a beautiful card with the lovely lei frame....your box is very elegant!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Just beautiful! I love the way you've created the lei, its perfect
    Claire xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is so beautiful!!! thanks you so much for sharing it with us
    Hugs Jean

    ReplyDelete
  5. Marilyn, your card and box are simply beautiful and soo elegant- I just love what you've done.
    Hugs,
    Trish

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love your card and box Marilyn, the idea of the lei was superb

    ReplyDelete
  7. These are just amazing Marilyn! I love that the pattern looks so delicate and refreshing. Obviously I would have to live on Moloka'i, because my favourite colour is green!
    Hugs and Aloha from Australia!
    Pauline

    ReplyDelete
  8. What an amazing job you've done here. Beautiful card and box to match. Nicely done!!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. WOW, this is gorgeous. I love the front of your card with the lei as a frame. Your box is great. TFS.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Marilyn, I bow to the master!!! WOW, that treat box is STUNNING and the matching card, YUM.
    Truly a gorgeous set!
    Kim

    ReplyDelete
  11. This is so amazing and creative!!!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Oh I really love your gift set! The box and card are so thoughtful and I love the colorful candy you put inside, excellent!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Wow Marilyn, you really have done a wonderful job with this creation. I love all the flowers that you made for the border and the way you colored Leilani...
    Hugs
    Pakelekia

    ReplyDelete
  14. Aloha, you did a great job Marilyn, i love the way the box falls open that would be such a lovely gift to receive and the green colour is so refreshing...

    ReplyDelete
  15. Wow the card and the Treat box are in one word: gorgeous! I so love both of them, Marilyn! Thank you for visiting my blog. Hugs

    ReplyDelete
  16. EISH!!! This is a very common South African saying to indicate surprise, joy, no words to say! Your work is stunning! Real talent.

    ReplyDelete
  17. gorgeous Marilyn!!! love the flowery frame, very cool!
    blessings!

    ReplyDelete
  18. What a beautiful gift set, Marilyn!!! I have always been so inspired by the creations that you submitted week after week. Thank you for being such a faithful supporter of MPS!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  19. These are gorgeous Marilyn!! I love the frame of flowers! ...and that little candy box is awesome..great folds!

    ReplyDelete
  20. You did it again! This card is stunning and the box really makes it even sweeter (pun intended!)! You must stay awake all of the time thinking of more fabulous creations to make. I love your coloring and you have definately mastered your Cricut!

    ReplyDelete
  21. Oh Marilyn, I just LOVELOVELOVE the frame around Leilani! And the matching box is so beautiful too!!
    Lots of love, Randi WS

    ReplyDelete
  22. Wow! Beautiful box and card. I really like all the flowers.

    ReplyDelete
  23. Marilyn those are wonderful. Love the treat box.

    ReplyDelete
  24. Great projects. Beautiful box, and love the lei.

    ReplyDelete
  25. Wow Marilyn your card and gift box are fabulous! I love the colors and the lei as a frame is genius!

    ReplyDelete
  26. Awww... this is stunning!!! Just awesome!!!

    ReplyDelete
  27. Aloha Marilyn! Oooh, these are divine! Love the lei you have framed your beautiful Leilani with & the treat box is gorgeous. :)

    ReplyDelete
  28. OMGoodness! This is jaw droppingly gorgeous! Love those colors and all the work that went into this set. It's truly beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  29. A beautiful gift set. I love the shade of green that you have used :o)

    ReplyDelete
  30. beautiful card! LOVE the flower wreath!

    ReplyDelete