Thursday, July 22, 2010

Halloween is Hoppin' at Tiddly Inks!

            Hello and Welcome to Halloween in July with Tiddly Inks!  

I was so excited to hear about this blog hop, because Halloween is my favourite holiday, just ask my kids.  I love to get into costume, the scarier the better.  I thought I'd start my post with a little story about Halloween and my youngest daughter Stacey.

Stacey was just under two years old when we celebrated her first Halloween.  I decided to make a clown costume for her, it was a harlequin clown.  I was so proud how it turned out.  So, halloween came, and I dressed her, white make-up and all, then decided to show her what she looked like.  I have never heard a child scream that loud before!!!  She was absolutely terrified, she didn't even realize that it was her, looking back at her in the mirror.  She was screaming "off mommy off"!  So needless to say, she didn't go out as a clown that year, she didn't want anything to do with it.  I think she sobbed for atleast an hour.  I felt so bad.  My daughter is 28 years old now, and still terrified of clowns.  Do I see therapy in the future!  Halloween's after that went very smoothly, she liked the scary costumes.  I can't wait till her son is old enough to understand, and I can tell him about his momma and why she hates clowns!

I wanted to make a somewhat "creepy" card using the Gossmere image.  I love the Goth images sold at Tiddly Inks.  So here is what I came up with.





I found a skull template on the internet, and made it into a pocket card.  The spiders were made with my Cricut Doodle Charms cartridge.  I added some Martha Stewart glitter to the legs, and some Stickles Red Pearls for the eyes.  The designer paper is from my Halloween pack by Basic Grey.  The sentiment is by Kraftin Kimmie.  Now here is the pocket part of the card.


I loved the idea of having "Gossmere" come out of the mouth of the skull, like a "Queen".  I attached her with black velvet ribbon.  She is layered on Basic Grey card stock, which was cut out with the Spellbinders Oval and Scalloped Dies.  Here are a few close-ups of Gossmere and the spiders.








I had to take the pictures a few times, and then ended up taking them outside, that's why there are a few shadows, but I hope you like my halloween card, or should I say, I hope it gives you the creeps!  Have fun and enjoy the rest of your Halloween blog hop.  Thanks for stopping by and checking out my pocket card.  I can't wait to see everyones entries.  Have a great day!

Marilyn

42 comments:

  1. Oh - that is crazy cool - LOVE IT!
    Melissa

    ReplyDelete
  2. Marilyn that is great! love the skull!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Whoa, is this ever COOL!!!! LOVE the whole idea! FAbulous! xxD

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hysterical story Marilyn! TFS!!! The skull "mask"/pocket card is simply DIVINE and super fabulous!!!

    So fun! Amazing job!!

    Crafty Hugs!
    Meredith

    ReplyDelete
  5. oh marilyn!!! i love love love this!!! it is so cool, you clever chick you!! hugs lou xxx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great shaped card and love the hidden stamped image used too.

    Jayne xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. omg, gawd that story!!! LOL i love your card - it's amazing.

    ReplyDelete
  8. LOL I kept waiting and waiting to see the image you used LOL I love it! great idea :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. This is indeed crazy cool!!!! Wow!!! I LOVE IT!!!!
    So stinking smart!!! Very creative and well done too. :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Oh wow! This is fab I love your design, what a great idea :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Oohhhh what a gorgeous pocket card!!!! so clever of you!!! another great job of yours, Marilyn!
    I undestand you daughter very well... I don´t like clowns either... :-)
    Hugs!!

    ReplyDelete
  12. WOW.. this is way cool.. and I LOVE how creative it is.. such an amazing idea.. great coloring too.. My card is #8 I hope you will get a chance to stop by and let me know what you think of my card.. HUGS

    ReplyDelete
  13. Marily, can I just say after seeing this card, I know you LOVE Halloween. What an incredible idea and follow through with the project. This card is SPECTACULAR. Also love the story of your DD and have you ever really looked at a clown, they are scary.

    ReplyDelete
  14. This is amazing! Spooktacular, actually!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  15. What an adorably creepy surprise! Love this card!

    ReplyDelete
  16. great Job. What a fun surprize! for someone. Love the Gossmere image. great job on the coloring.

    ReplyDelete
  17. oh my Marilyn what a fabulous creation! Beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  18. This is SO COOL and refreshing to see some innovative design in action!! Well done! :)

    ReplyDelete
  19. What a fantastic idea. Love it.

    ReplyDelete
  20. Okay this is stunning!:) thanks for hoppin with us at TiddlyInk

    hugs Ria

    ReplyDelete
  21. Oh this is amazing Melissa! Love the story about your daughter :D My 20 yr old is afraid of clowns too??? Must be a generation thing :D XXX

    ReplyDelete
  22. Fantabulous card. You must have spent ages working on this.
    Trisha x

    ReplyDelete
  23. This is so fabulous, and I love the story about your daughter's first Halloween, really made me chuckle (in a very sympathetic way :P)

    ReplyDelete
  24. that's a cool project! i love Gossmere! thanks for the story of your daughter, it made me chuckle.
    btw, it's great to find a MTLer here, i'm in Carignan on the south shore.

    ReplyDelete
  25. Awesome card mom! and thanks for making me famous :)

    ReplyDelete
  26. Ohhh...what a fab spooky project.
    Caz
    x

    ReplyDelete
  27. What an extraordinary card! I LOVE have the way you've used the skull as a pocket.

    ReplyDelete
  28. Great idea - and you've executed it really well. x

    ReplyDelete
  29. wow, what a great idea, love the coloring!!!

    ReplyDelete
  30. LOVE this! What a fantastic card... love the interaction and all of those spiders :)

    ReplyDelete
  31. hi marilyn,

    awesome card. I really love the skull!!!

    greetings femke

    ReplyDelete
  32. Wow, this is really creative; great job!

    ReplyDelete
  33. This is fantastic Marilyn! I really need to get out my Cricut more often...

    ReplyDelete
  34. This is totally creepy and creative and AMAZING!! Wow - I never would have thought to make a skull pocket with an image coming out of the mouth - such a fabulous idea and you made it so perfectly!

    ReplyDelete
  35. So clever! Great design and lovely papers.

    Hugs,
    Larissa

    ReplyDelete
  36. this is such a superb card/project. i really want to try making one of these.
    thanks for the inspiration!

    ReplyDelete
  37. This is AMAZING, Marilyn!!!! So clever and creative! I love absolutely everything about it! Halloween is my favorite holiday so I am just waiting for all the new product to be available for this year! Your work makes me want to start on some creepy projects right now, though!

    ReplyDelete
  38. all I can say is OMG!!! I can't believe I missed this....this just makes my toes curl...lol...how very clever of you....and great way to think outside of the box....AWESOME AWESOME AWESOME PROJECT!!!!!!!.....CONGRATS!!!!!

    Hugs
    Nancy T.

    ReplyDelete