Saturday, July 10, 2010

Michelle Perkett Challenge #37 - White on White with Colored Image!

Happy Saturday all, I am finally getting a bit of relief from all the heat this week.  It was exhausting, still hot and muggy here, and with the  humidity, it is sitting at 37 C.  Much better than 44 or 45 C. that it was all week.
I love the white on white challenge, it gives your card or project a rich look.  I kept it simple.  I am trying to make more CAS cards (clean and simple), therefore taking less time to do.  I love how it turned out, I think it took me just over an hour.
I used the "Princess for a Day" image, totally adorable!  I used copics to color her, and I cut her out using the Spellbinders oval die, and oval scalloped die.  I also used the new Cuttlebug Romance embossing folder for the background, and the Cuttlebug corner dies.  The butterfly is from Crafts, which I got a package of 6 for a buck at the dollar store.  The pearls are also by Craft and from the dollar store. 
Hope you are all having a great start to your week-end, and it is not too hot!  Thanks for stopping by and taking a peek.

Marilyn

10 comments:

  1. Marilyn! This is such a gorgeous white on white card!! I love how you colored my little Princess and the beautiful embossing and scallped papers!! Thank you for joining us and for such lovely entry to our challenge at MPS this week, Marilyn!!:)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awww this is gorgeous, love your embossing xxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is stunning Marilyn! The red looks so rich against the white...love it! That's a gorgeous little butterfly you found :) Every detail on this card is just perfect...a beautiful CAS card!
    Hugs :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. OOOH this is stunning, Marilyn:O) Love the embossing, pearls and gorgeous corners. This image is so sweet, lovely colouring.
    Thank you for joining Michelle Perkett Studio, good luck!
    Hugs, Nancy;O)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Mayilyn this is beautiful. Oh my goodness. TFS.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Marilyn, I love this card and your embossing is just perfect. Thanks for joining us again this week at Michelle Perkett Studio Challenge.

    Hugs
    Pattie

    ReplyDelete
  7. Gorgeous card Marilyn!! Your coloring is awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hi Marilyn! OMG!!! this is just exquisite!
    Love the pearled paper, it adds a refined look. Your coloring of the image is wonderful! that splash of red is delicious! I¨m completely in love with your card!!! Thank you for playing with us this week, hugs!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Love this card! I think the white on white is great, but the embossing is just a fantastic touch. The little pearls are great bling too! Great card all around!

    ReplyDelete