Sunday, July 18, 2010

Michelle Perkett Challenge #38 - Color Combo and Sketch!

This week at Michelle Perkett's challenge blog we had the choice of either a color combo, a sketch, or a combination of both.  I chose to use the color combo, shown below.

I used the bathing beauty "Olive", a real looker!!  I decided to make an easel card, instead of using the sketch.  I cut the card with my Cricut Wildcard cartridge.  The shape is called doiles, but I thought it made a cute flower card.  Here she is.


These were my closest colors to turquoise.  Didn't I tell you she was a "looker'!.  Here is the card opened.


The sentiment "Oh Happy Day" was also cut with the Cricut cartridge.  I thought it was a perfect expression for spending a day at the beach.  Last but not least, a close-up of the sentiment.


The designer paper, is sheet music.  It is some I have had for ages, I am using that for the sand color, and I thought it went well with the saying, because I think it's the name of a song  I have heard.

Information

Neenah Card Stock
Copics
Offray Ribbon
Prima Mini Roses
Cricut - Wildcard Cartridge
Spellbinders - Round and Scalloped Dies
Bazzill Card Stock
Dollar Store Brads
Tim Holtz - Distress Ink

I am also entering this in the Incy Wincy challenge - Distress It.

Well, I hope you all had a wonderful week-end, and thanks for stopping by.

Marilyn

7 comments:

  1. Oh My Gosh Marilyn! This is absolutely SWEET! I love the shape and style of the card! These colors are a really great combo! The sheet music is an awesome part of this card! Great Job!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh my goodness, this is gorgeous. I love how you colored the image and that you didn't go with a traditionally shaped card. Thanks for joining us at MPS.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Marilyn, this is just so gorgeous! The colors really pop on this awesome layout! The circle easel is an awesome idea! Great texture and I love the idea of reusing the sheet music.

    I've been lax on stopping by your blog lately, but wanted you to know how much I loved what you did with Michelle's Princess for a Day image on the white challenge. She is just sooo gorgeous! Your layout and the attention you paid to all of the details are fabulous! Pat yourself on the back for me!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Marilyn, this is such a cute easel card. I love the coloring and the shape you chose. thanks for joining us this week at MPSC.

    Hugs
    pattie

    ReplyDelete
  5. OMG, Marilyn! This is so gorgeous!! What a beautiful job you did coloring little Olive and I love that you used a scalloped edged easel card! Love the sentiment, too! Thank you for joining us this week, Marilyn!!:)

    ReplyDelete
  6. OMG, Marilyn! what a great take on the challenge!! it´s great!! love that you gave a shape to the card. Love your card so much! the papers are great, the sentiment too and your coloring is awesome as always. Hugs!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thanks for joining in this weeks incy wincy challenge.
    Hugs Shelley xx

    ReplyDelete