Thursday, July 1, 2010

Sassy Studio Designs July Release!

It's release day, and my first official day with Sassy Studio's amazing design team.  Welcome to my blog! I would like to wish all my fellow Canadians a "Happy Canada Day"!  We have so much fun planned for you guys today. We have the blog hop, the new releases, a scavenger hunt, and a card challenge.  So lets get started.
Here are a couple of the July releases, if you have been checking the DT's blogs this week, you would of seen some sneak peeks, if not you will see them during your blog hop.  I made a Nestie's box with the "New Sassy Cassie" and a card with the new "June Bride" image.




Don't you just love these new images!  We are also having a card challenge, you are required to use an SSD image, and your card should represent something OLD, NEW, BORROWED, and BLUE.  You have until July 2nd, 6:00 p.m. PST time, and you could win 3 SSD images.  I used the "Sailor Honey" which is also part of the July release.



For my OLD, I used card stock I have had for ages, my NEW is the SSD image, my BORROWED is ribbon I took from another card, and BLUE, of course is the color.  I hope you will play along with our challenge.
We are also having a scavenger hunt, each of us will have an item for you, that will be included in our individual posts.  The items in the scavenger hunt can be from around the house, or of your neighbour, pics of yourself or someone else. Once you have accumulated all of the items, take a picture and email it to Sara, her email is luvs2stamp71@att.net.  It cannot be a pictures taken off the internet.  You have until tonight at midnight (July 1st) PST time to email Sara and you could win 3 more SSD images.


Now, for a little bit of fun and reminiscing, here is my wedding picture taken 17 years ago.  This was a second marriage for both of us.  My husband Fred has two kids and I have one, and we became a combined family.  Can you tell mauve was my favourite color!  We didn't have a big wedding, just friends and family, and it was at our  home.  I have a cute story to tell you.  My husband's work sent us to a swanky hotel in Montreal for the night, plus they sent a Magnum of Champagne to our hotel room, which we didn't know about.  If you've never seen a Magnum, it's pretty damn big!   Anyway, we're changed and relaxing when someone knocks on our door, we weren't expecting anyone.  So, my husband answers the door, and there is the bell-boy with our Magnum of champagne and at least 10 Champagne Flutes (this is your item to find), you should of seen his face when he realized we were just two people, talk about making a quick exit.  I don't think he even waited for his tip!!  I won't tell you if we drank the whole bottle, don't want you to think we drink too much!
For your information here is a list of the DT blogs.
Lindsay
Sara
Kathy
Larisa
Lisa
Amanda

I hope you have enjoyed your hop so far.  I can't wait to see your cards for the challenge. Don't forget to get all your items, and email the picture to Sara, so you can win more SSD images.  Have a great and creative day!
hugs

Marilyn

11 comments:

  1. Three gorgeous projects, Marilyn! Your coloring is outstanding! I'm loving the embossed panel behind Sailor Honey... Where is that from? Also, what beautiful designer paper on your bride card! You went all out for your first day on the design team! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh by gosh Marilyn your projects just blow me away, so gorgeous! Love the box especially, three d items are my fave. You cracked me up about the champagne story! Hmm, still wondering, did you drink it all?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Gorgeous projects!!! Your corners on the bride card are beautiful! Your story is too funny-hmmm-did you drink it?! I would've-lol! So glad to have you as part of the team!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wonderful projects and just love your Champagne story!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Well wow - how did you do the brides hair? My hair never looks that good! Love the pic and the story, start a marriage with a giggle and it all works out.
    P.S. Bet you both drank the lot.

    ReplyDelete
  6. OMG Marilyn!!!!! you are being a really busy bee these days!!!! (I missed at least 3 of your entries this week!) look at those gorgeous projects of yours! I just can not stop looking at them... how funny of you to borrow the bows fom another card :-P are you planning on turning them back?! hahahaha
    And I love your pic of your wedding!!! On my first one my dress was the same color! what a coincidence!! :-) I don´t know which color I´ll use for my second marriage... I only hope all the paperwork is over to make it soon...
    Thanks for stopping by my blog, you are such a nice friend, a big HUG to you!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Beautiful cards! You and hubby look stunning on your wedding day. TFS your story. Sorry for being dense but I don't see what you want me to find for the scavenger hunt on your blog post :o( What am I suppost to take a photo of? I was able to find the others from the other DT's but just not yours.

    xoxo,
    Lori

    ReplyDelete
  8. STUNNING cards Marilyn! Your reveal is gorgeous! I think your story is SO funny! Poor busboy! So glad to be working with you at SSD! :D

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh my goodness...love the box..and the cards. Congrats on your first DT project...great story...

    ReplyDelete
  10. Fantastic projects! Cute wedding story...heehee. I've seen a magnum...and they are HUGE. I'd get tipsy just inhaling. HA HA HA.

    ReplyDelete