Friday, July 2, 2010

Tiddly Inks Challenge #11

What a beautiful friday evening, and a wonderful start to the week-end.  Although, we are suppose to get some high humidity starting tomorrow night, not looking forward to that!  Neither is my husband, he has to live with "miserable" for the next few days.  Talk about major personality change, give me the good ole' winter anytime...hehe.
Alright back to the challenge, for this week we had to design something with the colors Red, White and Blue.  It could be a freedom card, summer theme, what ever your little heart desired.  This is what I came up with.


I used the adorable Spring Hugg a Bugg image, and for the usual info, printed on Neenah card stock and colored with copics.  The folded ribbon was from a tutorial that my buddy Ileana told me about, I love the look, and it was quite simple.  The sentiment is from Create with TLC, which you can find here.  I am really amazed at all the word art she has available, and for free.  I also used some Prima mini roses, and doodlebug buttons.  The embossing is the new dots folder from Cuttlebug.
I have more exciting news, more bragging rights for me, I got the "Top 3" badge from Tiddly Inks for last weeks challenge.  I just wanted to say thank you to the team at Tiddly Inks for picking me.
So have a wonderful week-end everyone!
Marilyn

6 comments:

  1. Hi Marilyn! what a sweet card!!! I love the colors you chose and how you colored that cute little bug. I love TLC sentiments too, aren´t they great?!
    Congratulations on getting the top 3!! whoo hoo!!! there you go!
    Hugs! have a lovely day :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gorgeous card Marilyn! I love the sentiment and I like what you did with the ribbon! Thanks for joining us at the Tiddly Inks challenge this week.

    Hugs,
    Larissa

    ReplyDelete
  3. That sentiment goes with that stamp perfectly. Beautiful card. Thank you for using my word art on your card.
    Paulette

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a great card, Marilyn....I love the color combination! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Adorable! I too like the sentiment and how you added the flowers and button to make it all pop and work well!!! Nice!!!

    ReplyDelete