Thursday, August 12, 2010

Burtonesque Dolls Challenge #15 - Favourite Burton Film!

Hi, and welcome to another card challenge.  This was easy for me, as "Beetlejuice" has always been my favourite Burton film.  Although, I do love all the others!  I used the Tiddly Inks Happy Couple image.  So, here's my card!


I tried a new technique today.  I found a tutorial on Splitcoast Stampers for making faux woodgrain.  As it turned out I didn't have half of the stuff, so I tweaked it and came up with this one.  It's a lighter version than on the tutorial, so I call it oak.  It was quite simple, you need three shades of brown ink, and starting with the lightest, you pull your ink pad down from top to bottom.  You do the same with the other two shades.  Then you go over it again with the lightest brown, and then go over the finished product with whisper white ink.  Then I cut out a rectangle frame with my Cricut, mitered the corners, I scored some lines on the frame, then added the brads, and taped it together.  Before adding the brads, I embossed the frame with thick clear embossing powder, that's what gives it the shine.  I think it turned out pretty good, for my first try, and it does look like wood. 
I guess you are wondering about the sentiment.  It's a quote from the movie, and was the answer Betelgeuse gave when he was asked "Do you take this woman to be your wedded wife".  This is what I added to it.


I thought it would make a great Halloween card.  What do you think? 

I am also entering this in the Tiddly Inks - Challenge #16 Windows.  Create a card/project with a window that either opens or you can see the image threw.

Well, that's my entry for this week, thanks for coming by.

Card Recipe:
Neenah Card Stock, Copics
Basic Grey Designer Paper - Bittersweet Paper Pad
Prima Mini Roses
Doodlebug Brads
Bazzill Card Stock

Marilyn

10 comments:

  1. I think it makes a great invitation and a great halloween card. LOL :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. awesome card. I love Beetlejuice too!

    ReplyDelete
  3. fantastic card and sentiment hehe x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Marilyn, wow, great job on the faux wood tecnique, I never heard of that. Looks great and your little colored up people look fantastic.
    Kim

    ReplyDelete
  5. How cool is this!? Fab card (I love Beeteljuice too) Will have to check out that technique, love it! Thanks for joining the Tiddly Inkers this week! xxD

    ReplyDelete
  6. Gorgeous card Marilyn, Love the text! Thanks for joining us at the Tiddly Inks challenge!

    Hugs,
    Larissa

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wow Marilyn...gorgeous card! Love the woodgrain frame. I think I'll have to try that one someday :)
    Hugs

    ReplyDelete
  8. Your faux wood technique turned out so NICE! I LOVE it!

    Thanks for playing along with the Tiddly Inkers this week... I hope to see you again next week!
    HUGS!
    ~Lissa

    ReplyDelete
  9. I LOVE the "oak" frame and congrats at your win at TBD!! Hugs!
    Eulanda

    ReplyDelete