Thursday, August 19, 2010

Dare To Be Sassy Thursday - Inspired By A Favourite Song!

Hi, and welcome to another fabulous Sassy Thursday!  This week is about being inspired by a favourite song.  My song is "The Lady In Red" by Chris De Burgh.  This holds a lot of great memories and fun times for me.  Whenever we were at parties or weddings my sweetie would request this song, so we could dance, and after all these years he still does!!  So, enough of memory lane, here is my card.


I used one of the new August releases, she is the sassy Little Honey Belle.  I also paper pieced the lace, her gloves and the shoulders, with a shiny cream card stock.  What a job to cut them out!  The flowers are some I made with the same designer paper as on the card base.  I added some paper glaze to give them a shine, but it doesn't show up that well in the picture.

I hope this has inspired you to join our challenge this week at SSD, and of course don't forget you could win some of Lindsay's awesome digi images.  Don't forget to link up your creation on the SSD challenge blog.

Card Receipe:
Neenah Card Stock, Copics
Designer Paper - Making Memories - Paperie Rouge and Mocha
Seed Beads
Offray Ribbon
Sentiment - Create With TLC
Aleene's Paper Glaze
Crafts - Pearls
Martha Stewart - Lace Border Punch

Hope you have a great Thursday, and thanks for coming by.

Marilyn

4 comments:

  1. another really pretty creation! Belle's dress looks great in Red. Love the handmade flowers.
    Kim

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow - this is gorgeous! Love those flowers!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a great card with your lady in red! I'd like to know more about your flowers, is there a die to make them? They're awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a wonderful memory and a great card to immortalize it. Fantastic coloring and love the papers.

    ReplyDelete