Thursday, August 5, 2010

Dare To Be Sassy Thursday - Let's Get Punchy!

Good morning all, hope your Thursday is off to a good start.  Wow, this week has certainly flew by, I can't believe it's time for another Sassy Thursday challenge!  This week it's all about punches.  You can use one or as many as you want.  For my card I used the new "Little Honey's Cinderella".


I found the tutorial here, to make this gorgeous Scalloped Easel card.  You start off with a round card, and then you need to punch out 3-4, 2 inch scalloped circles, and cut them in half.  They are then glued to the back of another circle which is about 1/2 inch small than your card.  This is just a rough idea on how to do it, the tutorial is better at explaining, and there's pictures (which I love)!  Here's a pic of the card opened.


I did a lot of fussin" with this card, and I am not completely satisfied with the outcome.  But, the more I look at it, the happier I get.  I am my worse critic!! 

So, I hope you participate, after all who wouldn't want a chance to win some Sassy digi's. Link up your project at the SSD challenge blog.  Have a great day!

Card Recipe:
Spellbinders - Oval and Scalloped Dies
2 inch scalloped circle punch
Martha Stewart - Dots Border Punch
Cuttlebug Loves In The Air embossing folder
Designer Paper - Basic Grey Glitter Paper
Prima Mini Roses
Offray Ribbon
Crafts - gems

Marilyn

3 comments:

  1. Marilyn, I think it's gorgeous! Love the colors and easel card. The bow is perfection.
    Kim

    ReplyDelete
  2. This one is totally awesome!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful card! I'll have to check out that tut. I've only done a couple easel cards, but you've given me some inspiration to try different shapes. Jealous of your bow!!

    ReplyDelete