Tuesday, August 17, 2010

Michelle Perkett Challenge #41 - Anything Goes!!

Good morning all!  I am so excited to announce that I made the DT call for Michelle Perkett Studio.  I love her stamps, there is something for everyone!  There is also a challenge posted every Tuesday, and you can find it posted  HERE, I hope you will join in the fun, and for an added bonus, you get a chance to win a $10.00 shopping spree at Michelle's etsy store!

This weeks challenge is "Anything Goes", you can make any kind of project or card, as long as you use one of Michelle's stamps.  I really threw this card together in a hurry.  I have been busy all day, along with getting things going with my new DT job, I also have my daughter coming home on Wednesday, and I am "over the hill" excited to see her, it has been way too long! 


I think she turned out pretty cute!  This is the lovely Mary Margaret stamp.  She is a freebie offered on the PCP group.  I think she is already to start school.  I love this sentiment from Create With TLC, is it the apple that's sweet, or the little girl!
The lovely pink background was cut with the Spring Collection Cricut cartridge.  I added some glass gems on some of the flowers, and some green pearls in the corners.
I paper pieced the whole image, except for hair and skin.  I used 3D pop dots on the pink sleeves, and the apple, so they would stand out a bit from the dress. 
The roses are some I made, using the same paper that I used to layer the image and sentiment on.  I glazed the flowers, to harden them and make them shiny.
Well, that's my card for this week,  thanks for coming by.  I look forward to seeing all your entries for the first challenge with the new DT group.  Have a great day!

Marilyn

13 comments:

  1. Hi Marilyn. I love your card! I love the background, I am going to have to find that cartridge! I look forward to working with you.
    Hugs, Shelley

    ReplyDelete
  2. Marilyn, congrats on being selected for the MP design team. This card creation is awesome for a quicky. I have been thinking about using one of the cricut cuts like that for a background too! Great idea and it looks great with your image.
    Kim

    ReplyDelete
  3. Marilyn, I love this card. What a great coloring you did and I love the background papers!!!
    I'm so proud that we're in the team of MP.
    big hugs
    Marion

    ReplyDelete
  4. Marilyn, this is such a lovely card!:) I just love all the colors and the background and your pretty butterfly! I'm so proud to have you as a part of my DT, Marilyn! Thank you!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh my goodness, this is so sweet. TFS.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Marilyn your card is gorgeous! I like the back ground paper you made and paper piecing her dress is so cute! Beautiful job! I'm so happy you are part of our team at MPS!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Just beautiful Marilyn, I love the background and the image is gorgeous!
    I'm so pleased to be on Michelle's DT with you
    claire xx

    ReplyDelete
  8. Marilyn, The background in combination with your coloring makes this card absolutly stunning!
    I'm so glad that were in the same team!
    xxx

    ReplyDelete
  9. Marilyn, congrats on being part of Michelle's new DT. I just love the colors you chose for this inspiration piece and those flowers are great!

    Hugs
    Pattie

    ReplyDelete
  10. Gorgeous card Marilyn!! I love the colors and that bg is fabulous! I'm so happy to be on Michelle's DT with you!
    Hugs, Tammy

    ReplyDelete
  11. Congrats Marilyn! I knew you'd be one of the awesome DT members! LOVE this card! I don't have a Cricut and this really makes me want one. I think the background is awesome. Love your flowers and the paper pieced clothing on the sweet little Mary Margaret! Great color combo! Have a great time visiting with your daughter!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Gorgeous card Marilyn! I'm so happy you made the DT. I'm sure you will love it :) I love this card...the colours are yummy and the paper piecing looks fantastic. You couldn't have found a better sentiment lol!!
    Hugs
    Lynne

    ReplyDelete
  13. Congrats first off on making the DT. You'll be an asset. This card is beautiful from the created background to the delightful coloring of your image.

    ReplyDelete