Tuesday, August 24, 2010

Michelle Perkett Challenge #42 - Back To School!

Hi there, can't believe it's Tuesday already, and another challenge up and running.  Today features the new DT's from Team B, I hope you'll visit their blogs and leave them some love.  You can check out the challenge, and entries on Michelle's Blog.  Don't forget you could win a $10.00 shopping spree at Michelle's Etsy Store.  There are so many wonderful digital images to chose from, and trust me that will be the hardest part!!  For my card today I used the newly released  "Boy and Dog Bookplate".



So what embodies back to school more than books.  I decided to try and make my card look like a book.  I rolled a piece of card stock, and glued it to the fold on both the front and back, to make it look like the binding of a book.  Then I used the Martha Stewart checkerboard border punch, and glued that on top, gives it a spinal look.  I wanted the name of a popular book for boys ages 7-9, so I spent some time googling, and found this one "The Mystery Of The Pirate Ghost" and used it to name my book.  I thought the ribbon was a great embellishment, because I've lost myself many times to the mysteries of a good book, and I considered that a cherished memory.

Well, I hope you will join us again this week, and I look forward seeing all the amazing entries.  Good luck ladies!

I am also entering this card in the Incy Wincy - Challenge #56 Buttons and Bows.

Card Recipe:
Neenah Card Stock, Copics
Basic Grey - Marrakech Paper Pad
Martha Stewart - Checkerboard Border Punch
Doodlebugs - Buttons
Crafts - Pearls
Bazzill Card Stock

Marilyn

10 comments:

  1. What a fab card, you've done a great job making it look like a book. Lovely colouring too.
    Julie x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, Marilyn this is so creative! I just love your creativity on this one! Awesome idea! Great coloring and I love the ribbon and the book title!:)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Marilyn, what a beautiful card, its wonderful! I love the ribbon and you've coloured Michelle's gorgeous image so beautifully
    Claire xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Very cool!! Craftastic, even....a card that looks like a book. Me likey!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Marilyn this is gorgeous!! I love the colors you used and your ribbon treatment is awesome!
    Hugs, Tammy x

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a cute card Marilyn. Love how made it look like a book!
    Shelley :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love your card Marilyn, you did a wonderful job it does look like a book! Very neat!

    ReplyDelete
  8. WOW, this is fantastic, you totally rocked this card!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hi my friend!! you did it!!!! yaaayyyy!! I´m so happy you got the DT position at Michelle´s!!! you are so talented... I love everything you do.
    Sorry I´ve been so absent, I´m trying to get on track again after a few days of vacations :-)
    I love this one, so clever of you! gorgeous card, coloring and details!
    Have a lovely day!

    ReplyDelete