Tuesday, August 31, 2010

Michelle Perkett Challenge #43 - Hold On To Summer!

Wow, it's hard to believe that today is the last day of August, where did the summer go!  Personally I am glad to see the heat go, my favourite season is coming, Fall.  All the kids are back in school.  It's cute to see the little ones in their school uniform.  Well, I'm long past that, thank god!

This weeks challenge is all about "Holding on to Summer".  Michelle has tons of summer fun images, you can find them all here at Michelle's Etsy store. 

For my last days of summer I chose her image "Cal The CA Surfing Cow".  The beach, surfing and warm weather, just screams summer!



I tried to keep this card as masculine as possible, so no pretty ribbons this time.  The wonderful sentiment, "ride like the wind" comes from Create With TLC, where you'll find so many sentiments to chose from.  I also used Photoshop Elements, to add sparkles to Cal's glasses, the sand, star and buttons.  I'm just starting to use my PSE, there is so much you can do, but I've got a lot to learn.

I hope you will join our challenge this week, and if  you do don't forget to link you entry to Michelle's challenge blog.  You can find it HERE.  Thanks for stopping by, I can't wait to see what you create!  Have a marvelous week.

Card Recipe:
Neenah Card Stock, Copics
Sentiment - Create With TLC
Doodlebug - Buttons
Basic Grey Designer Paper
Martha Stewart - Optic Dot Border Punch
Sakura Glitter Glue
A/C card stock
Aleene's Paper Glaze
Embroidery Floss

Marilyn

6 comments:

  1. Hi Marilyn! Your card is great! I love how you colored Cal. I haven't colored him yet, yours gives me inspiration. I thought black & white would be boring.
    Shelley :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. OMG, Marilyn, this is so cool! I love how you colored Cal's little trunks to match his surfboard! Such a perfect sentiment, too! Love your color scheme and design! Thank you so much for your awesome creativity and inspiration this week, Marilyn!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your card is so great. I love how you've colored Cal. Great sentiment. TFS.

    ReplyDelete
  4. A gorgeous card Marilyn, fab colours and perfect sentiment.

    Julie x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Cowabunga.... I love your card and how you colored her!
    xxx

    ReplyDelete