Thursday, August 12, 2010

Michelle Perkett - DT Call!

Michelle Perkett Studios is having a DT call, and I thought I might try out.  She gave us a cute little Birthday Cake digi image to use.  You can find all the information on her BLOG, the deadline is August 15th. 


So here is what I came up with.  I went shopping for some new papers to use, and love how they just go perfectly with the card.  This was also my first attempt at making "rolled rose buds", (try saying that a few times).  Quite easy to do, and they look pretty good.  I brushed on some diamond glaze for a shine and harden them a bit, then add a sprinkling of glitter.   The leaves were cut out with my Cricut.  I used the Martha Stewart Optic Dot border punch on the DP behind the image.  The corners of the pink card stock were punched with the Fiskars Corner Punch.  The sketch used for this card was provided by Sketch Saturday.

I am also entering this card in the following challenges.
Stamp Something - Photo Inspiration Somethings.
Sketch Saturday - Challenge #115 Sketch Provided.

Card Recipe:
Neenah Card Stock
Copics
Designer Paper - Paper Girl - Paisley
Martha Stewart - Optic Dot Border Punch
Bazzill Card Stock
Fiskars - Corner Punch
Offray Ribbon
Diamond Glaze
Martha Stewart Glitter

Well, wish me luck, and I will let you know what happens.  Thanks for stopping by.

Marilyn

10 comments:

  1. Hi Marilyn, I was browsing thru the stamp something cards and here you were! Love your card. I was going to try those flowers last night but haven't gotten to it yet. Good luck with the design tean call.
    Kim

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh Marylin this is gorgeous!! I LOVE the colors and your rolled rose buds are awesome! Beautiful card! Good Luck on the DT call.
    Hugs, Tammy

    ReplyDelete
  3. Marilyn, this is such a beautiful birthday card! I just love your rose buds and the way you colored the little cake! Beautiful papers and I love your pink polka dotted bow! Thank you so much for applying to the DT, Marilyn!!:)

    Hugs,

    Michelle

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is beautiful Marilyn. Good luck with the DT call, they would be very lucky to have you, all you projects are fabulous!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow, what a gorgeous card. I just love how you colored the image. Good luck on making the team.

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is a beautiful card. I love your rose buds and your perfectly colored cake. The ribbon is gorgeous. Good luck with the design team call.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi Marilyn! Oh your card entry is fabulous! Love the sketch and the colors you chose! You did a beautiful job on the rolled rose buds! Are they hard to make? You would be a great addition to the DT. All your creations are done with perfection and each one is more beautiful than the last! Good Luck on this DT call!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Beautiful card Marilyn. I love the roses! Good luck on the DT.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Wow Marilyn...love your card! Good luck with the DT...your work is lovely...and so inspiring :)
    hugs
    Lynne xx

    ReplyDelete
  10. Love the soft colors on this, and the layout just rocks!

    ReplyDelete