Monday, August 30, 2010

Paper Sundaes - Christmas In August!


Christmas in August, and when you think about it, Christmas is less than 4 months away!  It's a perfect time to be making all those cards you are going to need for the holidays.  This beautiful image is called "Holly The Christmas Friendship Fairy", and she is one of many gorgeous fairies created by Michelle Perkett.  You can find this image and many more at Michelle's etsy shop.  Good luck trying to figure out which ones you want!!

Well, I had to dig out some of my left over christmas paper, and Cuttlebug embossing folders to create this card.  The designer papers are from LYB - Peppermint Snowflakes on White, and 3 Bugs in a Rug - Season's Greetings.  I used the Cuttlebug Holly Ribbon embossing folder on the red card stock panel.  The border punch is Optic Dot by Martha Stewart.  I also had to dig out my christmas sentiments from Kraftin Kimmie, which was cut out using Spellbinder oval and scalloped dies.  I used christmas white flower soft on the coats fur trim, and for snow on the branches.  The holly flower was cut out with my cricut.  I added some glitter with a Sakura glitter pen.  The gems and flower center were from last years leftover stash. 

I am also entering this card in the following challenges:
Saturday Challenge - Challenge #98 Make A Start On Christmas.
Bee Crafty - Challenge #37 Anything Goes!

I hope this encourages you to get a head start on all those Christmas cards you know you're going to have to make!  Thanks for stopping by, and have a great day!

Marilyn

9 comments:

  1. Very pretty, Marilyn!
    Love it.
    Kim

    ReplyDelete
  2. beautiful card...love the colour combo..and a fantastic layout. Thanks for joining us at Paper sundaes this week.

    Fi

    ReplyDelete
  3. Stunning card Marilyn, the punch that you used is one of the ones I had bought me for my birthday. Pauline

    ReplyDelete
  4. oh wow! this is stunning! it really caught my eye - now I have to have this image too!
    Thanks for joining us at Paper Sundaes this week!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Gorgeous card Marilyn, so pretty and I love the flowersoft
    Claire xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Marilyn! this is gorgeous without measure!! love all the glitter you added and how you colored the image, it´s one of my favorites! beautiful card! Hugs,

    ReplyDelete
  7. Gorgeous Christmas Card

    Thanks for joining us on SCSC :)

    Hugs Jane x
    SCSC DT

    ReplyDelete
  8. Never saw that image till now....have to confess I really do like it so much, love the papers you paired it with too....So perfect....

    Thanks so much for joining in our christmas theme at scsc this week and good luck
    x
    Vicky

    ReplyDelete