Sunday, August 1, 2010

Sassy Studio Designs -A Very Merry "UN-BIRTHDAY" August Release Blog Hop!

Hello, and Happy Sunday!  Grab a cup of java, and sit back and relax, you are going to love Sassy Studio Design's August release.  Lindsay has designed some gorgeous background papers, that are a perfect match for all her "Alice In Sassy Land" digital images.  They are also great to use with other Sassy gals.  We also have some new Sassy images, which you will see threw out the blog hop.
Hmm have I got your curiosity going?  We have all got some amazing projects to show you. So the order of the blog hop is as follows.  It starts at SSD's challenge blog, and the next stop along the way, after me, is Lisa.  Plus, each DT member is going to pick 1 commenter from their blog, and announce it on Monday on the SSD challenge blog, and wait for it....you will win 1 Sassy Image of your choice!!  All you will have to do is email Lindsay to let her know which one you want.  Good luck with that, it's not going to be easy to narrow it down to one!
So, I will stop my chattering and show you my cards with the new backgrounds.  The first up is the gorgeous "Sassy White Rabbit" image.


I designed this Clock Easel card myself.  I wanted it to match the background paper, which you can see on the inside of the card in the next picture.


This is the new "Clock" background paper, I love it, and so much fun to work with.  I will have the information about the cards at the end of the post.  My next card is the new release "Gladiator"  and I have used the "Crown" background papers.  I used the sketch from the Incy Wincy challenge this week, and I am entering this card in the sketch challenge.


I thought this was a perfect DP to go with the image.  For my next card I used the Little Honey's "Alice" image and the background paper is called "Hearts".


I have the new Cuttlebug embossing folders called  "Love Is In The Air", and it had the "Queen of Hearts" folder which went perfectly with the theme and DP.  I hope you can see it in the picture.  Last but not least, I used the Little Honey's "Cheshire Cat" with the new Keyhole background papers.


I think this is my favourite of the papers, although I love them all.  You will see more of them during your hop.  I used some silver foil card stock to create a saucer for the little minx to lie on.

Since this is a birthday party theme, we are all giving you one of our favourite cake recipes.  Mine is an Orange Cake with Orange Buttercream Frosting.  I'm not going to type it here, but if you would like the recipe, just leave a comment along with your email address, and I will get it out to you on Monday.  It's a delicious cake, and it makes 2 or 3 layers.  Here is a tantalizing picture of the cake mmmmm.


Doesn't it look yummy!! 

Don't forgot to join us on our Party blog tonight at 7 pm.  Well, that's it for me, thanks for joining us on our hop, hope to talk to you tonight online.

Marilyn

Card Recipes:
Sassy White Rabbit -   Cuttlebug Clockworks Embossing folder
                                        Cricut Accent Essentials Cartridge
                                        Tim Holtz - Distress Ink - Weathered Wood
                                        Spellbinder Dies
Gladiator -                    A/c Gold Foil Card Stock
                                        Sentiment - Create With TLC
                                        Spellbinder Dies
                                        Offray Ribbon and Crafts Gems
Little Honey's Alice -  Stickles - Cotton Candy
and Cheshire Cat -      A/C Card Stock
                                       Offray Ribbon
                                       E.K. Hearts Border Punch
                                       Cuttlebug Corner Dies
                                       Stickles - Crystal

32 comments:

  1. What great DPs! Your creations are wonderful! And your cake sounds delish...too bad my family wouldn't eat it :-(

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow! All your creations are adorabe!I love specially the clock easel. The cake looks so yummi!

    Hugs
    Kiksi

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great cards! I love how you've really put a theme on each one. Cake looks scrumptious.

    Jennifer

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your cards are beautiful, and all so different!

    ReplyDelete
  5. WOW! These are ALL amazing, but I am truly in AWE of your clock card. WOW!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Marilyn, OMG! You out-did yourself on this group of cards! I love how you made the clock easel card and used the clock embossing folder. All the cards are fantastic. And the cake looks fantastic.
    Hugs, Kim

    ReplyDelete
  7. oh my, all of your cards are totally awesome!!! But I especially love the 1st one - what a great way to think outside the box, very clever!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wow! I don't know what to comment on! Love it all, especially the clock I think!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Great cards, I really love the colors that you picked for them. The cat girl is just colored very well!! I LOVE IT!

    I currently have blog candy on my blog come and take a look!

    Jessica Lynn
    http://jessicalynnoriginal.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  10. Fantastic cards. I especially like your easel card! Love the clock.

    ReplyDelete
  11. wow Marilyn, you outdid yourself, whoo hoo girl great job!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Marilyn, these are all AMAZING! My favorite is the clock/watch easel one! So crafty and clever! You totally rocked this release! :)

    ReplyDelete
  13. These are all great Marilyn. I love that easel, too cute. I would love the recipe for that cake, I love anything citrusy! Looks delish, are you bringing it to the party tonight? LOL!

    ReplyDelete
  14. WOW! Gorgeous creations from you & Lindsay both! All of these cards are so gorgeous! Anyone would be thrilled to have one of these fabulous creations!

    ReplyDelete
  15. WOW! All I can say is WOW! I think my favorite if I just picked ONE, is the clock easel! That embossing folder is PERFECT for that card! Great job! :D And that cake sounds yummy! I'll have to give it a try sometime!

    ReplyDelete
  16. That clock card is awesome I love it!!!I love the cards and the new background paper is so cute, see you at the chat tonight.
    ~Patricia

    ReplyDelete
  17. WOW... u are so talanted.. love all ur creations.. my mouth watered when I saw that cake,, I wil have to show my daugher ( she is becoming a great baker :0)

    Sharette

    ReplyDelete
  18. Gorgeous cards! Love all the details - i.e. the queen eb folder, the clock. Very cool! TFS!

    ReplyDelete
  19. Fabulous Marilyn! Thanks for sharing and I only want the cake already made! :) Looks delicious!

    Aloha, Kim Mc

    ReplyDelete
  20. Great ideas for the lovely SSD images! Got my creative juices working. Love also to take a bite of the cake, just a bite 'cause I really need to lose some weight. Good thing it's just a picture. hmmm...
    Cheers,
    Cleah; )

    ReplyDelete
  21. Great cards!! LOVE the clock easel card!!

    ReplyDelete
  22. Absolutely adorable.

    Hugs
    Michelle rivera

    ReplyDelete
  23. Wow, you have been very busy ~ fantastic cards! I especially love the easel card ~ the clock is just a great idea!

    ReplyDelete
  24. Oh wow Marilyn, you've really been busy!! *lol*
    You've made so many beautiful cards, so many gorgeous papers and images!! And I really love your clock easel, it's fantastic!!!
    Hugs, Randi WS ;)

    ReplyDelete
  25. what an awesome cards you've made
    just love all the stamps from ssd
    hugs angelique

    ReplyDelete
  26. OMG, Marilyn! you over do yourself again!!!
    I love them all! the clock easel card is a great idea! so clever of you :-) love your coloring on all the images, and the papers go great with them. My second favorite is the one with Gladiator image, it´s wonderful!!! love how well the sentiment fits the image!
    please, pretty please, can you send me the recipe of the yummy cake to me too? :-)
    Thanks!!! and have a lovely day, hugs!

    ReplyDelete
  27. WOW Marilyn, you've outdone yourself! Oh my gosh, they are all gorgeous!! Your clock card though is amazing, and I would so love your cake recipe!
    Hugs,

    ReplyDelete