Friday, September 10, 2010

Burtonesque Dolls Challenge #17 - Willy Wonka!

The Burtonesque Dolls are having a fabulous challenge, this week.  They want us to create a candy bag, candy box, chocolate bar, and any fun or funky new chocolate candy you would find at Willy Wonka's Factory.  I had a blast doing this challenge, it really made me think "outside of the box".  So, here is what I came up with.


I used this adorable digital image from Tiddly Inks, and he is called "Frankoboto".  My new candy bag(box) is filled with "Chocolate Covered Mixed Bolts", a great addition to Willy Wonka's factory.  What robot doesn't enjoy his bolts with yummy chocolate all over them! 



I wanted to show you a side view, the box closes in the back with a flap.  I had this box from some candy I had bought from Laura Secord, so I took it apart and made a template for this one.  I used the Clockworks embossing folder from Cuttlebug, it has clock parts and bolts.  I downloaded a font from dafont.com called "Halloween Spider Font", it went perfect with the theme.  Then I used some bolts and attached them with black embroidery thread to the bow. 

I am really happy with how this box turned out, and I think I was giggling the whole time I was making it.  Halloween is my favourite holiday, and I decided to combine the two together in creating this box.  I am going to send this to my grandson, but I will definitely fill it with "Human" goodies!

I hope you enjoyed reading about my efforts, I know I certainly enjoyed making this little box.  Thanks for stopping by.  Have a great week-end!

Marilyn

3 comments:

  1. Really adorable box and cute image! I just love Halloween!
    Hugs
    Jodi =)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh this is FAB, I love it! I also thought the same as you about the dates for this challenge, so when I saw your comment on the TBD blog, I thought I'd pop along and have a nosey :P
    Yay for Halloween approaching, lol, I'm already getting excited :D

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hello again, I just thought I'd let you know that the linking thing for the Willy Wonka challenge is open again now :)

    ReplyDelete