Wednesday, September 29, 2010

Cooking It Up With Katie - Sponsored by Sassy Studio Designs

Another wonderful challenge at Cooking It Up With Katie, and it is sponsored by Sassy Studio Designs.  The theme is Yellow and Sparkle, and don't forget you have a chance to win some wonderful SSD images. 


This is the adorable "Cupcake Honey" this was released a couple of months ago.  I colored most of the image with copics, but I paper pieced the cupcake wrapper.  I add Martha Stewart glitter to the cupcake, and to the flame on the candle.  The border punch, and designer paper are also from Martha Stewart (looks like I got a MS theme going on).  If you are a member of the SNR group, they have some wonderful tutorials for flowers, and that's where I got the tutorial for this flower.  The paper, for the flower, is just the reverse side of the background dp, and then I added a large crystal to the center.  I also added some glue to the tips of the flowers, and then sprinkled them with clear glitter.  I used a Sakura glitter pen, to highlight the scalloped edges around the image.

I am also entering this card in the following challenge:
All Sorts - challenge #71 Plain and Simple.

I hope you will take the time to participate in this challenge, after all who wouldn't want to win some gorgeous SSD images, and don't forget on Friday, Lindsay will have her new releases, and they are AWESOME!  So, thanks for stopping by, see you again next time!

Marilyn

2 comments:

  1. Great Card!

    Thanks for playing at Allsorts this week

    Emma xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fab card, very sweet
    Thanks for joining our challenge at ALLSORTS this week, Good Luck
    Hugz Fleur xXx

    ReplyDelete