Tuesday, September 28, 2010

Michelle Perkett Challenge #47 - Girly With Some Bling!

Wow, another Tuesday, and another fun challenge at Michelle Perkett's Studio Blog.  This week it's all about the ladies!  Using one of Michelle's images create a card or project that is "Girly" and has some bling, and who knows maybe you will be our winner next week.  The winner will get one digital image of their choice from Michelle's Etsy Store.


This is "Carmen Cupcake", a new release this month, and she is perfect for this week's challenge.  I found a tutorial on Splitcoast Stampers, and  youtube, for a "Pop-Up" easel card, and thought it would be fun to try.  I made it on a 6 x 6 inch card base, and the pop-up easel is glued or pop-dotted to the front of the card.  Here is a picture of the easel.


The easel is attached to a tag, and you use the ribbon at the top to pull it open, and it stands up like an easel card.  I love it!  It's very easy to do, and it can be modified to any size card.  I hope you'll give it a try.

I am also entering this card in the following challenges:
Cute Card Thursday - Challenge #131 Sketch.
Incy Wincy - Challenge #61 Anything Goes!

I hope you will enter our challenge this week, and I look forward to checking out your entries.  Thanks for stoppiing by.

Marilyn

8 comments:

  1. This is awesome, Marilyn!! I love all the colors you use all the time on your creations :-) And I love you are always searching for new card folds to try and show, this one is great! thanks for sharing it. Hugs!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Marilyn, I love your card!!! I'm going to have to try this pop-up easel. It is very cute and I have not seen this done before.

    Mari

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love that card Marilyn! I am gonna have to try that! Love your Carmen!
    Shelley :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh, Marilyn, this is awesome! I love your pop up easel card with little Carmen Cupcake! you did such a beautiful job coloring her, especially her hair!! Thank you so much for your amazing creativity and your inspiration for us all!!:)

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is such a gorgeous creation Marilyn! I love the colors and style! Beautiful!!
    Hugs, Tammy

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wonderful card, do you have a tutorial to how you did the card? =)
    Hugs, Elenor

    http://www.metrobloggen.se/paltbarn

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wow just beautiful, you're a real inspiration Marilyn, I just love that fold. i've never seen a pop up easel card before, I can't wait to try it out :-)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Magnificent :) You have inspred me
    Must try and remember to try it :)

    Thank you for joining us this week at Incy Wincy Designs

    Would love it if you could come and visit my blog VanillaHevn sometime :)

    Heather and the DT

    ReplyDelete