Saturday, October 23, 2010

FULL MOON FEVER BLOG HOP WITH MICHELLE PERKETT STUDIO!

Don't you just love blog hops, I know I do!  You get to see so much creativity, and get so many great ideas, and no matter how many times I blog hop, it amazes me how much talent is really out there.

This blog hop is sponsored by the ever talented Michelle Perkett (aka) Michelle Perkett Studio.  The theme is Halloween, which we celebrate in my part of the world, or you could write about a holiday tradition you love to celebrate this time of the year in your country.  Of course, living in Canada we also celebrate Thanksgiving, and as much as I love all the food and being with friends and family members for Thanksgiving, my favourite time of the year and holiday is Halloween.  I call it a holiday, but it really isn't.  I think we should start a petition to make Halloween a national or world wide holiday, don't you?

So, before I show you my creation, I just want to go over the order for the blog hop.  You start HERE, at Michelle's personal blog.  If you just hopped here from Lee's blog, then you are on the right track.  The next stop along the way is Pauline's blog. 


I decided to make a Halloween ornament, and I used the "Candy Corn Witch" image.  The ornament is made with an old CD.  I covered it with paper from the Eerie Paper Pad by Basic Grey.  I colored her with copics, and then cut her out.  She was originally sitting on a broom, but I decided to make the broom, so I would get a 3D effect.  I made the background paper behind the witch.  I used a star stamp, with clear ink and embossing powder.  Then I rolled some oranges and red inks all over the paper, that way you get to see the stars.  I really like how it turned out.  It gives you the impression that she is flying in the sky.  Then I just added some lace around the edge, and some ribbon and a bow.

I really love the spooky side of halloween, the creepier the better.  When my kids were younger and going out for halloween, they always went for the scary costumes.  I was so happy!  I think one year though, my daughter went out as a "Genie", I think I cried the whole time I made her costume....lol.  Thank god that was only one year!  We all got into the halloween spirit, I dressed up, we decorated the house, and even dressed up our 100 pound doberman, who seemed to think that was normal for a dog!  So as much as I love the Candy Corn Witch, I had to do something "spooky" for me!


This is the "flip" side of the CD.  Michelle created this new halloween image, and its called "Haunted Tree", and I love it!  I used the same homemade background paper, and added a sentiment.  The moon and bats are all part of the Haunted Tree image.

I hope you are enjoying the hop so far, I am sure you are seeing so many wonderful and gorgeous creations along the way, and I hope you left everyone some Halloween Love!

Have a safe and "Spooktacular" halloween, and may your treat bags be full of loot!

Marilyn

35 comments:

  1. Marilyn, those are great. Love them both but my favorite it the tree! Love spooky things too. Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a fantastic idea for old CDs Marilyn...brilliant! I'm on the other side of the fence with the scary Halloween stuff...I like the cute stuff much better :) So I obviously prefer your Candy Corn Witch side of the hanger...just as well we're all different or it would be a boring world :)
    Hugs xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow, great ornament, good use of an old cd, it's beautiful! =)

    Hugs, Elenor

    http://www.metrobloggen.se/paltbarn

    ReplyDelete
  4. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  5. absolutely wonderful Marilyn - trick or treat - will have to try that with the old CD's

    ReplyDelete
  6. LOVE love love these!!! That witch's broom is such a great idea!!!! Fabo!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Trick or Treat. I am a cardmaker, and I love the cards.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh my goodess, it's fabulous. I just love it. TFS and Trick or treat.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Love your ornaments, what a great idea! Trick or Treat

    ReplyDelete
  10. Both of these are awesome Marilyn! I absolutely love the Spooky Tree one!!
    Hugs, Tammy

    ReplyDelete
  11. Wow Marilyn your Halloween project is so neat, I love it! Thanks for sharing your awesome creativity with us today! Trick or Treat!

    ReplyDelete
  12. FANTASTIC!! I NEED these images...
    Trick or Treat

    ReplyDelete
  13. I love your creation! That broom is soooo cool...I wish I had thought of that! Love that background paper...beautiful job! The flip side of your project is fabulous! I love that tree! Trick or Treat!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Oh my goodness. You did a fabulous job with this ornament and making good use of those old CDs that usually end up in the landfill. Your coloring is amazing. Love the broom. TRICK or TREAT! Boo!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Marilyn....I love the fact that you made it an ornament! And with it being on an old cd you can use it over and over every halloween with less chance of it getting ruined! This has given me some great ideas to do with the halloween freebies as I don't usually make halloween cards. Thanks so much. Trick or Treat!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Marilyn, how creative. I love the idea of the ornaments. Something functional to use as a decoration. Thanks for sharing. TRICK OR TREAT.

    ReplyDelete
  17. OMG, Marilyn! Your ornaments are so much fun! How creative! I love the Candy Corn witches broomstick and the fun tombstone on your Haunted Tree ornament! So cool! Thank you, Marilyn! Trick or treat!

    Hugs,

    Michelle

    ReplyDelete
  18. Oooooo Marilyn, your ornaments are fantastic. I may need to try this next year, thank you for such a wonderful treat.

    ReplyDelete
  19. Wow Marilyn..... these are breathtaking! I love them so much! Halloween must sure be fun at your home! I have wonderful memories of real Halloween - I was living in Vancouver BC in 94, and my Halloween there.... I have wonderful photos of homes all dressed up etc... those scrapped pages come out every October for me to re-live the moment! Thank you so much for sharing! (And I fell in love with Montreal too, I had such a wonderful time there!)
    hugs and blessings,
    Pauline

    ReplyDelete
  20. What a creative use of your MP digis! Love them! TRICK OR TREAT!

    ReplyDelete
  21. I forgot to say "Trick or treat" =)

    Hugs, Elenor

    http://www.metrobloggen.se/paltbarn

    ReplyDelete
  22. Trick or treat! Your ornament is absolutely wonderful! I love the end of the broom - genius!

    ReplyDelete
  23. Love your ornament!! The tree is great! Trick or Treat!

    ReplyDelete
  24. Trick or treat! Your ornaments are absolutely boo-tiful! Now you just need a creepy tree to hang them on! Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  25. What a great way to use an old CD. I love the cute and the spooky side. Fabulous! I'm with you on the National Holiday thing. The USA for me and Canada for you, ;-)Happy Trick or Treat!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  26. Love the way you stepped out of the norm with a round ornament, and a CD no less...AWESOME!!! Trick or treat!

    ReplyDelete
  27. These are so pretty! Trick or treat! I love what you did with these images.

    ReplyDelete
  28. Great idea. I love the haunted tree image too!
    Trick or Treat.

    ReplyDelete
  29. Marilyn!! You are sooo extremely talented!! Gorgeous job on both your ornaments -- Im sure you made Michelle proud! Trick or Treat!

    ReplyDelete
  30. These are really really cool!! Love them both! Trick or Treat

    ReplyDelete
  31. Wow Marilyn what a gorgeous project! I love the way you've decorated that cd! Trick or treat!!
    Claire xx

    ReplyDelete
  32. What an awsome idea! and your colors and decorations are great. Trick or Treat

    ReplyDelete
  33. Trick or treat! Love that you used these for an ornament or home decor item. The broom is great!

    ReplyDelete
  34. Oh, I love your Halloween Ornament! Trick or Treat!

    ReplyDelete
  35. What can I say? Other than COMPLETELY FABTASTIC!

    Trick or treat?

    ..was I scary enough? ;P

    xxx

    ReplyDelete