Saturday, October 2, 2010

Snowman Christmas Ornament!

Hi everyone, hope you are having a great week-end!  I was browsing threw some blogs and came across this fabulous tutorial using a toilet paper roll, to make an ornament, imagine that!  If you are interested you can find the tutorial here.


Isn't it adorable, and hard to believe it's a toilet paper roll!  I used an image from Michelle Perkett's etsy store, and it's called "Snowman With Heart".  The image comes with a lovely sentiment, which reads, "Give the gift of your heart to those you love, today and everyday!", but unfortunately, it didn't fit on the ornament.  Here is a picture of the reverse side.



I just got the Winter Wonderland Cricut cartridge, which I used, to make this multi-layered snowflake, and then added a large gem for the center.  Here is a close up of the snowflake's layers.



There is so much you could do with this ornament.  I don't have much christmas supplies at the moment, so I was limited with what I could use, but I intend on making more of them.  I hope you will give it a try!

Don't forget Michelle Perkett is currently running a challenge on her blog, and the theme is Girly with Bling!  I hope you will join us this week, and maybe you will be the lucky winner of one of Michelle's gorgeous digital stamps!

I am also entering this ornament in the following challenges:
Charisma Card - Challenge #39 Christmas Crafting.
Totally Paper Crafts - Challenge #36 The Great Outdoors!

Thanks for stopping by, would love to hear your comments!

Marilyn

7 comments:

  1. Wow, what a fabulous tutorial this is. Thanks for finding it and sharing it with us!
    Hugs
    Marion

    ReplyDelete
  2. The ornament is wonderful and you're right...I would never have guessed it began life as a toilet paper tube! Fantastic!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Are you kidding me, a toilet paper roll???!!!! This is amazing Marilyn. I need to try this, I bet if I covered the edges, I could let the kids color some images to use. (It wouldn't look like your's though)! Wow thanks for sharing this project, I love it. Had fun chatting last night.
    Kathy

    ReplyDelete
  4. Kathy said it best--Are you kidding me?? That is adorble, it so does not look like a toilet paper roll!
    Hugs,

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a gorgeous creation, Marilyn!! I just love to stop by your blog to see what you had been up to! you never stop to amazing me :-) so very creative this one! I´ll try to make one too, love to decorate my house with a few touches around the holidays, and this one will be great! thanks so much for sharing it!! Lots of hugs!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow Marilyn this is so cool and amazing, I love it!

    ReplyDelete
  7. what a lovely creation! Thanks for joining in this week at Charisma! Gemma :)

    ReplyDelete