Tuesday, November 9, 2010

Michelle Perkett Challenge #53 - Anything Goes!

Hi everyone, and happy Tuesday!  It's time for a new fun and fabulous challenge at Michelle Perkett Studios.  You can create and design anything you want this week, as long as you use a MPS image.  Michelle has been busy creating lots of new digital stamps, and you can find them and many more Here at her etsy store.  One lucky random winner will get to chose one image of her choice.


This is one of Michelle's older images, and she is called "Just Breathe Mermaid".  I wanted to make a christmas card, but not a traditional one, so I thought I would use a mermaid, and put her in a snow globe, I love how it turned out!  Now my question to you is, "Do mermaids celebrate christmas?"

I colored her in christmas colors, using red so her flowers would look like poinsetta's.  I used some pink Martha Stewart glitter on her tail, and added green pearls to the flower centers.  I embossed the greenish/blue card stock with the Cuttlebug Swirls folder.  I cut a piece of acetate into a circle then embossed it with the Cuttlebug Dot folder, and to create the snow, I used white opal pearl stickles on each raised dot.
I cut the snowflakes out with the Winter Wonderland cartridge by Cricut, then added pearls for the centers.  The designer paper is by Little Yellow Bicycle, last years christmas papers.

Other challenges I am entering:

Bee Crafty - Challenge #42 Christmas 2.
Charisma Card - Challenge #44 With Love At Christmas.
Little Red Wagon - Challenge #53 Use Red.
Paper Sundaes - Challenge #43 Let It Snow.
C.R.A.F.T. - Challenge #75 Dry Embossing.

Thanks so much for stopping by, have a great week!

Marilyn

8 comments:

  1. This is beyond stunning!!!
    Thanks for the inspiration.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very pretty! Thanks for joining us at Little Red Wagon:)
    Joanne xo

    ReplyDelete
  3. Marilyn, Your card is stunning. I love everything about it.
    Your work is always so beautiful.

    Mari

    ReplyDelete
  4. Gorgeous creation !
    Love to see you at my Christmas Card Challenge
    http://angsandy.blogspot.com/2010/11/lcom-christmas-card-crop-hop.html

    ReplyDelete
  5. Gorgeous!! Wow! Very unique and beautiful executed. Thanks for joining us at Paper Sundaes!
    Tracy V Good luck!

    ReplyDelete
  6. gorgeous card, thanks for joining us at C.R.A.F.T. x carol

    ReplyDelete
  7. OMG, Marilyn! What an amazing fantasy you've created with Serena! Amazing coloring and I love all the gorgeous snowflakes and ribbon and all the pearls! Wow! Thank you for your amazing creativing and for inspiring us so much this week!

    Hugs,

    Michelle

    ReplyDelete
  8. What a beautiful image! Love the multi-dimensional snowflakes! Thank you for joining us at Paper Sundaes - we hope to see you again next week!

    ReplyDelete