Tuesday, December 28, 2010

Michelle Perkett Challenge #60 – Happy New Year!

I hope you all had a fabulous Christmas, and Santa put lots of crafting supplies under the tree for you!  I had a marvellous holiday, but I am glad to get back into the swing of things.  That’s why this is such a great challenge this week, welcoming in the New Year.  So we would like you to create a card/project using an MPS image, and the theme Happy New Year.  If you need any inspiration, you can check out the gorgeous cards created by the DT’s on the MPS Challenge Blog.
                 Fairy Bridesmaid
The DT’s have all used the MPS “Fairy Bridesmaid” image, which you can purchase at Michelle’s  etsy store.  The Fairy Bridesmaid makes a great image for New Years!
I coloured her with copics, and then used the Spellbinders oval and scalloped dies.  The designer paper is from a Martha Stewart paper pad, and the border punch is also from MS.   Flowers and gems are from my ever growing stash of supplies.  One of my new favourite tools (that I got for Christmas) is the I-Top brad maker, which I used to make the coordinating brad, that is attached to the sentiment.  I added crystal stickles on the flowers and wings, and yellow stickles on her crown.
Other Challenges:
Digital Tuesday – Challenge #91 Anything Goes.
I Did It Creations – Challenge #35 In With The New.
C.R.A.F.T. – Challenge #82 New Year.
Ooh La La – Challenge #70 A Toast To 2011.
Catch The Bug – Lets Ring In The New Year.

Have a great week everyone, and Happy New Year!
Marilyn

20 comments:

  1. Hi Marilyn! I hope you had a wonderful Christmas and I wanted to wish you Happy New Year! ...also thanks for joining us at Bugaboo this week! Hope to see you again!
    Tammy x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Marilyn, it's me again! I forgot to say how much I love your card! Love, love the silver!
    Hugs, Tammy

    ReplyDelete
  3. Fabulous background for the adorable image. Great work. Thanks for joining us at I Did It Creations.

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a beautiful card I love your papers
    Thank you so much for joining us at ooh la la this week
    Happy New Year
    Wendi

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a pretty card! thank you for joining this weeks Bugaboo challenge at catch the bug! All the best in 2011!

    ReplyDelete
  6. This Fairy Bridesmaid is looking good on all the cards.
    Happy New Year to you and thank you for joining us at OLL.
    Carol
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Great New Year project , thank you for joining us at CRAFT Challenge this week and good luck! Don't forget to check back with us again on Thursday for our new challenge and to check if you have won.

    Jo and Tigerlover.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Ooohhhh.... she is soooo lovely! Thanks for joining ust at MPS this week.
    Have a fabulous year change!
    Love you!
    Marion

    ReplyDelete
  9. a lovely new year creation! thanks for joining in this week at CRAFT! Gemma :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Your card is beautiful Marilyn. Those papers look perfect with her. Shelley

    ReplyDelete
  11. Such a cute card! Thanks for joining this week's challenge at Catch the Bug!

    ReplyDelete
  12. totally fabulous card, love the image and great layout, thanks for joining us this week at DTC, Karenx

    ReplyDelete
  13. How lovely! I love all the silver. Thanks for playing the DTC this week!

    ReplyDelete
  14. What a GORGEOUS card. I love all the detail. Thanks for playing along in the Bugaboo Catch for our Ringing in the New Year Challenge. I hope you'll join us again next time.

    ReplyDelete
  15. very pretty card! love the embellishments! thank you for joining this weeks Bugaboo challenge at Catch the Bug! All the best in 2011!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Love the silver and blue together! Such a pretty card! Thanks for joining us at Catch the Bug this week! Happy 2011!

    ReplyDelete
  17. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  18. Oops can't spell lol! What a gorgeous card Marilyn! I love those beautiful papers and your colouring is fab :-)
    Happy New Year
    Claire xx

    ReplyDelete
  19. love the color combo!!

    Thank you for playing the Digital Tuesday Challenge this week! :)

    ReplyDelete
  20. Very pretty! Love the background and the colors! Thanks for joining us at Ooh La La in our Toast To 2011" challenge!

    ReplyDelete