Saturday, December 18, 2010

Michelle Perkett Studio “Holiday Magic” Blog Hop!

Hello, and welcome to another fun filled and MAGICAL blog hop with Michelle Perkett Studio! 

Before we get started, here is the blog hop order.  You start at Michelle's Personal Blog.  You should of come here from Pauline's Blog, where I am sure Pauline had something gorgeous to show you.  Then from me you jump on over to Karen's Blog, where something magical awaits you!  Don’t forget to leave some “love” along the way, we all love reading your comments.

Michelle has a little game going on, and you will find the question on her blog.  To figure out the answer you must visit each blog along the hop, because some of us will have a secret letter for you!  When you get all the letters, you then put them together to figure out what the answer is.  Once you have your answer, you can email Michelle at www.michelleperkett.etsy.com/.  The first one to answer correctly will win “Missy The Mistletoe Pixie”.

For my first card/tag I used Michelle’s Buddy The Christmas Pup and Feel The Magic Christmas sentiment for the tag.

           Buddy The Christmas Pup             Buddy The Christmas  Pup Card

Then when I got Michelle’s new image Missy, I knew I had to make another card for the hop.  So here she is.

                Missy The Mistletoe Pixie

It’s hard to see it in the picture, but it has some crackling.  I doubled embossed with ultra thick clear embossing powder, then stuck it in the freezer for a bit.  Once it got hard, I bent the image in different directions to get the cracked look.  After that I used Antique Linen distress ink, and sponged it over the whole image, to give it an aged effect. Then I made her into a Christmas ornament.

Before this year, I would of said, the magic of Christmas for me, is all about my family past and present.   The excitement in the children’s faces, the decorations, the food, and all the traditions that we love, and still look forward to, are what makes my family what it is today!

This year though, the Magic, will be on Christmas morning, when I will be watching my grand-son Owen open his presents, even though he is over 3000 miles away!  Thanks to Skype, I will see the wonder in his little face, when he realizes that, yes Santa Claus really did come last night!

Well, I hope you are enjoying our “Holiday Magic” blog hop so far, I know I can’t wait to see the rest of the blog hop, and all the gorgeous cards/projects. 

Lastly I have a secret letter for you, and the letter is “I”.  Good luck ladies!

                                Christmas New Year Wish
                             I made a Christmas wish for you,
                             For a holiday full of pleasure,
                             Friends and family all around,
                             And memories to treasure.

                             I wish for you a Christmas filled
                             With joyous holiday cheer;
                             I wish you a Merry Christmas,
                             And a very Happy New Year!

                                                                  By Joanna Fuchs

Marilyn

16 comments:

  1. Hi Marilyn! I so love all your creations! Your creations just blow me away. I loved your Christmas Share, too. I thought it was funny you mentioned your best will be seeing your grandson via skype 3000 miles away.... my Christmas share is about my Canadian Christmas! If you can send me some snow, I'd so love it!
    hugs and blessings,
    Pauline

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh Marilyn, These are such a stunning cards!! I truly love them each and everyone of them! Thanks for your shared story again! Have a fabulous Christmas time and a healthy and creative 2011!
    love as always
    Marion

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very beautiful Marilyn! I LOVE the ornament with Missy - so creative and fabulous!! I'm a sucker for EP!!!! May your holidays be full of love and cheer, Merry Christmas!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow! All of your cards are awesome! I love how you created an ornament with Missy. She is just tooo cute!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow, Marilyn! Awesome job, I love your Buddy card and matching tag, such pretty colors and your Missy card is darling! So creative making her into an ornament! Dont you just love Skype? I'm sure little Owen will have a wonderful time opening all his presents!:) Thank you for such a beautiful blog post, Marilyn!

    Holiday Hugs,

    Michelle

    ReplyDelete
  6. WOW these are gorgeous Marilyn! I LOVE your Missy card, that ornament is beautiful!! I hope you have a wonderful Christmas and have fun watching your grandson on Skype!!
    Hugs, Tammy

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh, these are gorgeous. I just love the colors. TFS.

    Hugs, Rhonda

    ReplyDelete
  8. Marilyn these are wonderful!!! I like how you stuck it in the freezer, never thought of that!!You are so talented : )

    ReplyDelete
  9. Isn't it wonderful being a Grandma??? I just wish my new little Caleb will make an appearance soon!

    Your cards are stunning as usual! I love how you made the crackle, and so fitting for the cold we are having in Colorado right now! Buddy will forever be my favorite pup, and you definately made him look gorgeous in his fabulous sweater! Merry Christmas!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Wowza Marilyn, these are such awesome creations!!!

    your Buddy set is so beautiful and I LOVE that you made missy into an ornament...just fabulous!
    It was fun hopping with you today!
    hugs & blessings!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Those are awesome Marilyn! I love it.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Your cards are stunning and i can see the crackling, myself a lover of embossing, it really looks so good !!!
    Missy is one fine young lady...........lol

    ReplyDelete
  13. Marilyn...thanks so much for sharing your Christmas magic! It is going to be so wonderful to watch your grandson on Christmas morning. I wish you a Very Blessed and Merry Christmas. And your cards...they are gorgeous...I love the blue's and pink that you used with Buddy...and the bg pp is beautiful...and your Missy is such a darling with her red dress. And what a unique idea for getting the crackle effect on the ornament. Thank you so much for sharing that with us.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Marilyn, stunning creations and lovely chiristmasmagic, have fun watching him opening gifts!
    Hugs, Elenor

    http://www.metrobloggen.se/paltbarn

    ReplyDelete
  15. Hi Marilyn! Your cards are beautiful! I love the crackling effect on Missy and the Christmas ball, what a neat idea!

    ReplyDelete
  16. What fabulous projects you have for us to enjoy! VERY creative! Thanks for sharing and happy holidays to you and yours!

    I've just discovered your blog on this hop and am now a follower. So nice to meet you!

    http://lillianchild.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete