Wednesday, December 1, 2010

Sassy Studios - New Releases For December!

I can hardly believe it's December 1st already, can you!  Of course, being the 1st of the month, it's time for some gorgeous Sassy Studio releases, and you won't be disappointed!  To add a little fun and christmas cheer, we thought each DT member would share our favourite Christmas holiday traditions.  If you leave a post on each blog, and the SSD blog, you will be entered in a draw to win 2 digital images of your choice.  Wow, someone's going to be so excited to win this prize!  Here is the blog hop order:
Sara - Larisa - Kathy - Me - Amanda

I couldn't decided which image to use,  I love them both, so I decided to make a card with each of them!


This one is called "Santa's List", and she certainly is sassy!  The designer papers are from BoBunny's Midnight Frost Collection.  The glitter and lace border punch are by Martha Stewart.  I glittered her outfit, belt, bows, and boots.   The "list" comes blank on the image, but I added names (my family and pet), then to give it an aged look, I used Antique Linen distress ink.  Now for the second card.


This one is called "Elf With Present", and of course, she is just as sassy!  I decided to go for non-traditional colors, using pink and turquoise instead of red and green.  I like how it turned out.  The designer papers on this one is by My Mind's Eye and it's called Frosty Pines.  The turquoise lacy circle was cut with the Martha Stewart Layered Arch corner punch.  The sentiment I did myself, using Adobe Photoshop (my first try). 
Now for a little trip down memory lane.

There are so many favorite things my kids and I did while they were growing up, it's hard to pick just a few!  We usually started in late November with baking.  We would have christmas carols playing the whole time.  We would make pies, and cookies, and squares, and cakes.  When they got older we started having a Cookie Exchange Party, with my neighbours, friends and family.  On the days when we weren't baking we were decorating the house, and then the tree.  Each year my hubby and I bought the kids a ornament, so that they would have quite a stash when they were old enough to be out on their own.  We also have an ornament that belongs to my husband, and it's 59 years old.  So it's always the last to go on the tree, and it has a special place on the tree.  I have to say though after all these years, it's god-awful looking, but we love it anyway! 
One of our best loved, and never missed Christmas specials on TV is "How The Grinch Stole Christmas".  We always watched it together, snuggled on the couch, with a mug of hot chocolate and some of our baked goods. 
On Christmas Eve, we would visit my sister, and then go to the Christmas Eve church service, and after that come home, get into out pyjamas, and have a snack.  We would leave cookies and milk for Santa Claus, (in my neck of the woods he is called Pere Noel).
Well, Christmas day was spent, like everyone else, opening presents, getting Christmas dinner going, and then relaxing and enjoying our gifts, our family and our friends!  Now, my kids are older, with families of their own, when we can't be together on christmas, we get together on skype.

I hope you have enjoyed reading about some of my christmas traditions, I would love to hear about yours!  I hope to chat with you tonight at 9 PM (EST) on the SSD party blog, see you there!

If you want to pick up these images, and some of her others, just visit Lindsay's SSD Store

Marilyn

21 comments:

  1. Beautiful creations, Marilyn. I love the dp and that diecut is gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love both cards but really love the one with Santa's List love the bling! Wonderful to read about your Christmas traditions!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Both cards are so beautiful!!! So cute images! Love the papers you used on them )))

    ReplyDelete
  4. Gorgeous cards. They are both so beautiful.

    Hugs
    Kiksi

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful cards Marilyn, love all the glitter! And you traditions sound amazingly sweet and fun!
    hugs,

    ReplyDelete
  6. LOVE LOVE LOVE THIS CARD............BEAUTIFUL JOB......I JUST LOVE THIS IMAGE.......I NEED TO HAVE THIS IMAGE APPARENTLY.......

    ReplyDelete
  7. Both cards are wonderful, love have you added the names onto Santa's List, very creative.
    Love all the glitter too!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love seeing your work Marilyn, another great job!!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. These are both great Marilyn. Love the way you personalized the list, too cute. All the sparkle is wonderful too. I enjoyed reading about your traditions, too.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Cute, cute cards Marilyn. I need to go check out this store!!

    ReplyDelete
  11. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Beautiful cards love your blog!

    Sorry deleted the other post for a spelling error.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Hello!! I love your new look here on your blog! so festive :-)
    These two cards are gorgeous, Marilyn! love the colors you used on both of them, great coloring as usual and the bows are perfect!!!
    lots of hugs :-)

    ReplyDelete
  14. Beautiful cards!! I love all the glitz on the first card!!
    hugs,
    Rachel

    ReplyDelete
  15. can't quite see my name mayb it'a because I'm both naughty & nice hahaha, these cards are just great love the stamps I'm seeing. Janet

    ReplyDelete
  16. WOW!!! These are amazing! I love all the glitter and the cool, icy colors on the Santa's List one! Thumb's up for the non-traditional color scheme on the other! Both are drool-worthy! :)

    ReplyDelete
  17. ohh WOW Marilyn my mouth is OPEN!!!! I LOVE your Card.. wow just GORGEOUS.. I love your coloring and your list is soo FAB..

    Hugs

    ReplyDelete