Saturday, January 15, 2011

Bugaboo Stamps Birthday Challenge!

                  Stella Bugaboo Stamps

Bugaboo Stamps is celebrating their 1st Birthday today, and their challenge is to create a birthday card.  I’m a new kid on the block as far as Bugaboo Stamps go, and I have to say it was “love at first sight”!   This stamp is called Stella Aged To Perfection”, and I think she is just a hoot!  I am making this card for a wonderful lady who will be 95 years young this month, and I think she will get a kick out of Stella.

I colored the image with Copics, but paper pieced her hat and balloon.  The designer paper is from Kaiser Craft and it’s called Blushed.  The lace is done with a Martha Stewart border punch.  The sentiment comes with the digital image.  I used the Romance Embossing folder from Cuttlebug.  I also added some glaze to her glasses to make them shine and give them some depth (hard to see in the picture).

Other Challenges:
The Shabby tea Room – Week #44 Sketch This!
The Creative Cottage – Challenge Something New (Digital Image and DP)
Totally Paper Crafts – Challenge #49 Happy Birthday!
Polly Craft Monday – Challenge #75 New Things (Digital Image and DP)
Incy Wincy – Challenge #76 Go Dotty!
Cooking It Up With Katie – Challenge #44 Embossed and Pink

Have a great week-end, and thanks for taking time to stop by!

Marilyn

19 comments:

  1. So nice card! Thanks for sharing :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Marilyn...I miss visiting...life is too busy :( Love the Stellas and this card is fantastic!
    Hugs xx
    PS Love your new blog skin too :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love it!! Love the image and the sentiment is perfect!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love the layout and the embossing looks so rich. Stella makes me laugh too.
    Hugs, Alison x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great card Marilyn - I esp love the DP's and the lovely layout x
    Thanks for joining in with us at cooking it up with Katie this week x
    ((hugs)) Suzie xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love your card Marilyn. She is a great image.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Fab card, love your colour scheme and the polka dots :) and love Stella she looks fab in pink xx

    ReplyDelete
  8. Just great!! I do love the image and the sentiment - I think I'm aged to perfection too!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Love your card and I to love Stella. Wow....95 years young...congratulations to her. You did a super super job with the copics. Since I'm under the weather, I cheated this time for part of my card and used PSE to color, but generally I use my copics.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Oh I just love this, wonderful coloring and the colors are perfect. Love the sentiment.Thanks for playing at Bugaboo this week.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Marilyn, I just love the colors, textures and design of your card! FABULOUS! Thanks so much for celebrating Bugaboo Stamps First Birthday with us!!
    Hugs & Happy Days!
    ~Min

    ReplyDelete
  12. Fab card love that image thanks for joining us at Incy Wincy Challenge.
    Jenny x

    ReplyDelete
  13. Love the card love, the image, and absolutely love the sentiment.Thanks for sharing this with us at Cooking it up with katie.xxx

    ReplyDelete
  14. Hi Marilyn! Gorgeous card! I LOVE the colors and that ribbon!! Thanks for joining us over at Catch the bug and Cooking it up with Katie!
    Hugs, Tammy

    ReplyDelete
  15. CUTE!!! Thanks for playing along with us in the Tea Room :)

    ReplyDelete
  16. What a GORGEOUS card. I love all the detail. Thanks for playing along with us at Catch the Bug for our Birthday Challenge!.Thanks for helping to make our Birthday Bash a success! Good Luck! I hope you'll join us again next time.

    ReplyDelete
  17. Fantastic card - such fun!
    Thanks for joining us at Creative Cottage this week

    mandi xx

    ReplyDelete
  18. Love the image and the embossed black panel really makes it pop!
    Thanks for Cooking It Up With Katie :)

    ReplyDelete
  19. All the polka dots are gorgeous! And I KNOW she will LOVE Stella! Wonderful card, colors, and embossing. Thanks for joining us at Catch the Bug!

    ReplyDelete